What's new

Zazor fans?

Hi guys! Anyone out there recommend the Zazor razor? I was looking at the Razorine but have heard a lot about quality control being an issue regarding uneven blade exposure. Saw the Zazor as an alternative and was curious who might recommend it. It also costs a lot less 😎

Paging @rs_776, the local Zazor Master
Thanks Rudy!

@Razorburne I would definitely recommend the Zazor over the Razorine. I find that the Razorine has very poor weight balance. It's a nice looking razor, but I think its design emphasizes form over function.

I have heard a few people complain about difficulty in loading the blade into the Razorine and getting proper alignment. I didn't find it all that bad, but the Zazor is clearly much easier to load.

The size and geometry of the Zazor's handle allows for more grip options than the Razorine. It is made of aluminum, so it is lighter overall, and the head its fairly thin, which also helps with weight balance. The Razorine is just extremely head-heavy, which I find very frustrating, especially since there is such little surface area to grip on the handle.

The guards on the Zazor are somewhat thin. I don't see it as a problem under normal use/care, but it could potetially break if you dropped it just right. Realistically, if you did drop it, it's unlikely it would land in such a way, but it's possible.

I personally find that the Razorine is more of a piece of "shave jewelry" than it is a practical razor. The Zazor is something I see as a practical shaving implement. For the cost of one Razorine, I got 5 Zazors and a bunch of blades, shave creams, and a couple other items, shipped to my door from Turkey.

I say it's a no-brainer to pick up a Zazor, especially if you're not quite sure you'll like this style of razor. Why spend $40-50 on a Razorine?

I promised I'd eventually do a video side-by-side comparison of the two, but haven't gotten around to it yet. For now, here is a side-by-side pic below. Here is a link to my friend, Dave Card's, Youtube comparison of the the razors.

1587407364555.png

Thank you so much for your thorough feedback! I really appreciate it. I have actually watched Dave’s video just the other day 😁

I am definitely going with the Zazor. I had actually just made a purchase the other day and the owner himself contacted me to let me know due to COVID the economy shipping option which I had chosen was taking very long and some customers hadn’t received packages after 30 days! So he gave me the option of canceling my order for a full refund and then repurchasing with the DHL option which he said would take only a matter of days to receive. That’s what I call customer service!

I’m going to reorder today!

Thank you so much for your thorough feedback! I really appreciate it. I have actually watched Dave’s video just the other day 😁

I am definitely going with the Zazor. I had actually just made a purchase the other day and the owner himself contacted me to let me know due to COVID the economy shipping option which I had chosen was taking very long and some customers hadn’t received packages after 30 days! So he gave me the option of canceling my order for a full refund and then repurchasing with the DHL option which he said would take only a matter of days to receive. That’s what I call customer service!

I’m going to reorder today!
Sounds good. And yes, I would say that the customer service at RazorUS is outstanding. I am guessing you spoke to Noyan?

In my experience, the items I purchased ended up being about the same or possibly less than DHL. I'm not sure if it works that way when purchasing only a Zazor and nothing else.

Yup - I spoke with Noyan. And I figured that while I am at it, I may go ahead and purchase a few more items while I'm at it, especially if I'm going the DHL route (he actually said that he was going to take down the economy shipping option for now until all COVID issues were over with). I am thinking of picking up a tub of Arko, maybe a Derby shave cream (lemon), and maybe other items to help make shipping worth it. I'd get more than one Razor, but I'm not even sure I will like it (I hope I will).

Do you have any recommendations of other items you would get? I'm open to suggestions! :)

Yup - I spoke with Noyan. And I figured that while I am at it, I may go ahead and purchase a few more items while I'm at it, especially if I'm going the DHL route (he actually said that he was going to take down the economy shipping option for now until all COVID issues were over with). I am thinking of picking up a tub of Arko, maybe a Derby shave cream (lemon), and maybe other items to help make shipping worth it. I'd get more than one Razor, but I'm not even sure I will like it (I hope I will).

Do you have any recommendations of other items you would get? I'm open to suggestions! :)
Below is what I bought from them. $45 including DHL shipping. Great pricing on everything, especially the Arko and Derby creams....I'm sure they have added items and removed others since I last perused their site. In general, their Turkish-made products are a superb value.

Dave has one of their Cool Barn (Turkish brand) bar soaps that he uses for face washing. He said it is excellent. I'll probably pick some up in the future.

proxy.php

great...thanks! I'll update once I've gotten my goods in and have a chance to test drive the Zazor. I'm excited to try it.

I finally posted my Zazor vs Razorine video (2 parts)

They're considerably longer than I had planned, but I wanted to be fair and thorough.

Part1 (Razorine shave):

Part2 (Zazor shave)

Enjoy!

Rob

I finally posted my Zazor vs Razorine video (2 parts)

They're considerably longer than I had planned, but I wanted to be fair and thorough.

Part1 (Razorine shave):

Part2 (Zazor shave)

Enjoy!

Rob
Great videos, Rob! Very thorough and informative.

My package from Razorus just came in via DHL today. I’m looking forward to taking the Zazor for a test drive 😎

@albsat I'm guessing you figured out where the Zazor is sold, given that you took down your post. But I'll post the link anyway.

Zazor Double Edge Shavette Razor - https://www.razorus.com/zazor-double-edge-shavette-razor

They are based in Turkey, but they ship internationally.
Yes I found the link. Honestly this type of razor seems ideal to me. I like the shavette but this more user friendly. However the DHL doesn't work well for me if I order from that site due to extra custom fees.

Yes I found the link. Honestly this type of razor seems ideal to me. I like the shavette but this more user friendly. However the DHL doesn't work well for me if I order from that site due to extra custom fees.
A few months ago , they were offering an "economy" shipping option, which supposedly bypassed some of the customs concerns (not sure how). Apparently, that option has been temporarily discontinued due to COVID-19. I would suggest sending them an email and seeing what they suggest. You might just need to wait a few months.

I'm also a huge fan of the Zazor. I bought about five of them, I think. Different colours, just for some variety. They're not flashy, but feel well-made and deliver great shaves.

I have too many razors and so switch it up most days, but the Zazor never gets put away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if you tried the economy shipping from RazorUS, but I just learned that the Zazor is now sold on Aliexpress. For those of us in the USA, it's still way for feasible to get them from RazorUS, but this could be an option for you.

Top Bottom