What's new

Z1 Flare Tip 1, Face 0.

Took my new to me Flare Tip out for it's first shave today...

My poor face did not fare so well...

I used my usual brush, and my favorite TOBS Shave Cream, and a brand new Wilkinson Sword Blade...

I hacked up my face pretty good... Not sure what went wrong... I am thinking I used too much pressure...

Looks like a new razor means a new learning curve.

I'm looking forward to figuring out this Flare Tip!

No Pressure is the rule for every shave. I know it took me a few bad (face on fire) shaves to learn this lesson. Occasionally I still forget and end up with a couple weepers. Two days ago I tried to have a conversation with my bride, she was in the bedroom, while I was shaving and managed to run the razor sideways and give myself a very nice "smiley face" cut on my neck.

Remember...relax, take your time and you will increase the muscle memory for the proper angle and consistently comfortable and close shaves will be the reward.

I had a similar experience with a flare tip rocket and WS blade. I needed a shallower angle and a different blade. I like the WS blade in my merkur, but abandoned it for an astra in the flare tip after 1/2 a pass. Just a thought.

Give your self awhile and some shaves to figure out the optimal angle. It also helps to remember NO pressure. Best of luck!

I had a similar experience with a flare tip rocket and WS blade. I needed a shallower angle and a different blade. I like the WS blade in my merkur, but abandoned it for an astra in the flare tip after 1/2 a pass. Just a thought.

I need to find the right blade for both my Gillettes... I get fantastic results from my Merkur with the WS blades as well... I need to do some experimenting with my two vintage Gillettes (Flare Tip, and Slim)... All part of the Fun!!!

Will try an Astra thanks for the recommendation!

Top Bottom