What's new

YUZU MAN - New CARON for men

http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scentedsalamander/2011/03/caron_yuzu_man_bridges_the_gap.html#more

proxy.php

It sounds interesting.

Im surprised to read 'eastern' as citrus and also surprised to read their most culturally inspired frag... this is the same house who put out yatagan.

It sounds interesting.

Im surprised to read 'eastern' as citrus and also surprised to read their most culturally inspired frag... this is the same house who put out yatagan.

I think that they're trying to tap into the craze for yuzu to attract a wider audience for their frag. But they are strangely silent about the trail blazed by Yatagan, aren't they.

At any rate, I think that Caron's men's fragrances are consistently outstanding. I'm willing to take a chance on it.

Last edited:
I like how Caron does lavender in their other fragrances. This one certainly sounds intriguing.

Me too, the discription was a bit ambiguous. I wasn't clear if there was lavender here.

I think that they're trying to tap into the craze for yuzu to attract a wider audience for their frag. But they are strangely silent about the trail blazed by Yatagan, aren't they.

I've never heard of Yuzu, i don't need to be worried that this is Carons attempt to jump on the Aqua di Gio train do I?

Yuzu looks like a little grapefruit, but the flavor has something of lemon and mandarin orange in it too. It's used a lot in Japanese cooking and has become very popular in the West too. It's very fragrant. People will put them (whole) into a hot bath in Japan and the scent is unbelievable.

It could be an aquatic, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's going to be much more than that.

Just an instinct, but I'm guessing this is their entry into the lighter, aquatic style scents. My sense is it's got a bit of an Issey Miyake feel.

If they're going to do that, one can hope it's up to the standards of their other male scents.

Just an instinct, but I'm guessing this is their entry into the lighter, aquatic style scents. My sense is it's got a bit of an Issey Miyake feel.

If they're going to do that, one can hope it's up to the standards of their other male scents.

Count me in as one who is hoping just such a thing. My main worry with Yuzu is related to a standard characteristic of the other Caron masculines I've tried (PuH & Yatagan) - if it has that fuzzy white musk underbelly that asserts itself ever so gently beneath the prominent notes, it's drydown won't smell related to the overall scent profile Yuzu is going for. That strange musk worked fine with PuH - in fact it really helped the scent - but was a little odd at the tail end of Yatagan. I can't see it working with citrus. Wonder if it'll be in Yuzu or not. Yuzu does look interesting though. Nice bottle.

Top Bottom