What's new

Yuma Razor Review

I bought one of these on eBay three weeks ago for about $8 delivered. I read a lot of reviews beforehand, so I had a pretty good idea of what to expect, which is pretty much what I got. An extremely cheaply made zimac razor - definitely not a beautiful piece of equipment. It is super light weight and quite aggressive. I used it a few times and got very close shaves with no nicks, but somehow, it is not a fun razor to use. It does not feel too good in the hand or at the business end at the face. Something unsatisfying about it. I mostly use open combs and like the feel of the combs on my skin and a having a bit of weight in my hand to help maneuver a shaver around. While this shaver may be good for travel if I really need to travel light i.e., backpacking or something, I do not see this shaver having a place in my regular rotation.

We have a giant fleamarket down in Gothenburg with a couple of vendors selling brand new Yuma razors for 3 Euros.
These vendors are selling a lot of different Chinese razors as well with prices varying from 3-5 Euros .
Unfortunately it's not Weishi or Baili , just Long Feng , Jingjili and some brands I never heard of.

We have a giant fleamarket down in Gothenburg with a couple of vendors selling brand new Yuma razors for 3 Euros.
These vendors are selling a lot of different Chinese razors as well with prices varying from 3-5 Euros .
Unfortunately it's not Weishi or Baili , just Long Feng , Jingjili and some brands I never heard of.
I would pick some up... I keep 4 or 5 extra Yuma's on hand for gifts.

IMHO, the Yuma requires shaving experience to bring out its potential. To get even blade exposure on both sides requires a little patience and a tight squeeze of the assembled head while screwing on the handle. A drop of machine oil in the threads helps out greatly. Once tightened (not overtightened) it will hold blade position reliably. If you assemble the head without even blade exposure a aggressive/nonaggressive effect is possible, allowing closer shaving w one side than the other. It’s a fun razor that shaves way over its price point.

I actually took the one I bought and put about a dozen coats of clear lacquer on it (actually I used my ex-girlfriend's clear nail polish). I think that it improved the finish somewhat. Still not my favorite razor, but definitely easy to get a close shave and with no nicks if you are careful.

I added a shim and greatly improved its performance. The blade gap is always uneven side to side but it doesn’t seem to matter. It ends up w more aggressive/less aggressive sides that allow a sort of mid shave adjustability. It’s a great razor that everyone should try

Top Bottom