What's new

Yuengling Lager

Magic Hat Batch 375, Thumbsucker and Feast of Fools (7.5% edition) are some of my favorites. Batch 376 was really nice also. A black lager was a brilliant idea!

Sam Adams on the other hand, watered down macro. They have there place but it isn't top of the heap.

Hmm never looked into Magic Hat 375, I usually go for Sam Seasonals but I am just getting into fuller beers now. I am going to keep an eye out for it.

I lived off that stuff for four years while living in PA (outside of philly for 3, inside for 1). Unfortunately, you can't find that delicious brew many places, and all of the Yuengling I had in Georgia tasted a little off. I miss PA.

I was in Charleston, SC for three years and it had just come to market while I was there... I really enjoyed the black & tan. Not only can I not get it where I am in TX now, but the local beer selection pretty much sucks. Seemed like in Charleston I could buy any beer made, but here I'm lucky if there are 20 different beers on the store shelves.

For the price Yuengling is one of the best lagers available. It really has a unique flavor, a little sweeter than most lagers. I don't buy it often but never turn it down at a BBQ or gathering.

I don't quite get all the love. It's an industrial lager and tastes like it. Granted, the label and history hit the right spot but for a little more cash one can do better, but then, I do like to taste hops in my beer. I'm going to don the ole flame retardant suit now and cool off with a Pilsner Urquell.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Love their lager, and their porter isn't half bad, either. It's my first choice for chili.

They give a lovely tour, too, from what I can remember.

G

gone down south

In any bar in Philly you just have to ask for "a Lager", the bartender will automatically pour you Yuengling.

There is nothing like brotherly love, eh!:lol:

He doesn't get to drink beer at home, so he has only a mildly-developed palate for beer. As a result, something in the middle of the road, like a Yuengling, is just right for him.

Serves him right for all the times he held me upside down over the banister at when we were kids. :lol:

i'm in Central NY and it's marketed/shelved between Bud and Coors, but is light years ahead of either. not what i stock at home, but it's the first choice for mass purchases for parties/bbq's.

Good, cheap lager. Wish I could get some here in Texas. But then we have the various Shiner offerings so all is well.

He doesn't get to drink beer at home, so he has only a mildly-developed palate for beer. As a result, something in the middle of the road, like a Yuengling, is just right for him.

Serves him right for all the times he held me upside down over the banister at when we were kids. :lol:

That's hilarious! I bet he is always wanting to go camping though.

+1! It is a nice beer at a nice price and it is on tap all over the D.C. area. I also like to Porter. It is interesting that I never saw it when I lived in Philadelphia in the late 70's. I was in college at the time and a cheap good beer would have been much appreciated!

Dave

There are indeed other fans. I have a 12 pack out in the garage fridge as we speak. That's pretty much my go to beer when I'm buying it for home and most of the restaurants and bars around here serve it on tap so i usually have it when I'm out too. I like darker beers with some character (and flavor). I'm very close to Pennsylvania so it's everywhere here.
It's interesting, they say they're America's oldest brewery and they're in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised in PA (near Philly) and I never heard of Yuengling until fairly recently when I moved back to the area from Florida. Glad I discovered it though.

Cheers!

Strange???

I grew up about 45 min outside of Philly and have been around Yuengling since I can remeber. Then I went to Penn State and it is extremely popular amongst the college crowd (probably the most popular beer at State College).

I move down to Georgia about 7 years ago. No Yuengling ANYWHERE. For some reason Georgia hasn't been able to get Yuengling up until this past year or so.

The day it came here I rushed to the store to buy some.

I think it is very good but not my favorite. The fact that I couldn't get it in Georgia made me really want it. It seems that now it has become popular even for Georgians that just heard of it recently.

I had this for this first time this past summer when we visited Charleston. I was surprised by it. Definitely better than a Bud or Bud Light. Unfortunately we don't get it here in St. Louis. Haha. I wonder why?

As for what I like, my favorites are Michelob Amber Bock, Schlafly Pale Ale, Delerium Tremens, Three Philospher's, Dragon's Milk, and Rogue Dead Guy.

Top Bottom