What's new

YSL's La Nuit de L'Homme

I've only given this a quick sniff, and did notice the very sweet, fruity vanilla note. I need to give this a full wearing to see how it does over the day.

I took a swing through Macy's tonight and have La Nuit on my wrist right now. I think it's a great going out scent for youngish guys. I wouldnt be averse to wearing this, aged though i am, but not at work. Kind of sweet, but not over the top. Seems though like it will wear off pretty fast as Desmoface noted.

I've seen young women gushing about it in Sephora. Like, drooling...

Last edited:
SWMBO likes it, she is the one who bought it for me. Personally, I prefer something more along the lines of JHL.

I sampled this one in Sephora, thought it was promising, and went home with a generously sized sample. A week later, I bought it and am loving it. Wearing it today, in fact.

I really enjoy the the spicy, fruity vibe you get up top, but every morning before work, I find myself sniffing the cap and passing it up for something a bit more "office-appropriate." You can't argue that this is not a somewhat provocative scent.

Today, I said the hell with it and gave myself a nice spray to the upper chest, which I knew would go strong all day. I'm four hours into it and really enjoying the heart notes. The Nuit aspect recedes a bit (just a bit) and I'm left with a great scent that seems to work in the office.

I'm curious to see your comments on the longevity. On me, it was initially fairly strong, but by the end of day, it was all but gone. I do enjoy it, though.

Steve

I wore it yesterday, and was still noticeably present after 6 hours. The longer it went, the more similar it smelled to YSL L'Homme.

Its about 7 to 8 hours on me. Can still smell it on my wrists when im heading home from work but its very faint.

Good news...I'll give it another go and see how long it lasts. How many sprays do you guys usually use? I go with one spray to the chest/neck, and just a light spritz on the wrists.

I was on basenotes reading a thread about Rive Gauche and longevity. One chap posted that 9 sprays lasted him all day, LOL. Don't know if I'm that brave.

Steve

I sprayed a couple of sprays on each wrist and a couple on the back of my neck. It was a little strong at first, but settled down within 15 minutes. It passed the "wife test", she always lets me know if it's too strong. I don't spray on my chest as it's covered with a t-shirt and dress shirt.

I'm curious to see your comments on the longevity. On me, it was initially fairly strong, but by the end of day, it was all but gone. I do enjoy it, though.

Steve

I work 12 hour days, so on any given work day I'm applying around 5:00am. With this guy, I only go one full spray to the upper chest/lower neck area and I felt I was going strong for the first 4 hours. The following 8 hours, it was definitely perceptible to me throughout the day. By the time I got home, we'll say 14 hours hours after application, it was on its way out sillage-wise, but still there if you were to go looking for it.

Good news...I'll give it another go and see how long it lasts. How many sprays do you guys usually use? I go with one spray to the chest/neck, and just a light spritz on the wrists.

I was on basenotes reading a thread about Rive Gauche and longevity. One chap posted that 9 sprays lasted him all day, LOL. Don't know if I'm that brave.

Steve

I'm fortunate in that my skin chemistry typically will hang onto a fragrance longer than most with a minimal application. When I watch reviews on YouTube and guys say things like, "I go two sprays the the chest, two on the neck, and one on each wrist," I fall over in my chair. Six sprays?!?! Whoa!

Switching gears to Rive Gauche for a moment. I blind bought this one, seemingly knowing that I'd love it...I don't know... It's not bad, but there's just something to it that I'm not digging. The longevity on RG for me is nuclear. One spray and I'm good for two days...nine, I'm certain, would kill me.

Interesting, RG has very short life for me, I mean, it's all but gone in a few hours. Maybe it has something to do with my particular bottle, or my particular chemistry. I do love the stuff, though.

Steve

I have fair, dry skin, which I've read is the worst for swallowing up scents. Some suggest applying moisturizing lotion or oil first, but I don't.

I bit sweet for me but the ladies love it. Try the Libre it is my favorite of the YSLs. I believe it is new. I have L Homme the wife likes it more than I do.

Stop all the positive talk about this one...I'm trying not to buy this...

LOL don't buy this one Mark. With everything you have in your collection, you'd tire of it quickly and it would get pushed to the back IMO. I just don't see this one holding your attention for very long.

Stop all the positive talk about this one...I'm trying not to buy this...

I wouldn't suggest you buy this one unless you LOVE the original YSL L'Homme, and want something that smells a lot like that only sweeter in the opening. I kind of lost interest in the drydown when it started reminding me so much of L'Homme. But of course, YMMV, and I realize of lot of folks love L'Homme.

I have a sample of this stuff. I love the first few minutes of this frag...woodsy, spicy, a little citrus--a fresh smell. It dries down--retaining some of the woodyness--to sweet fruity notes alongside what I smell as tabacco. I don't remember seeing tabacco as one of the notes, but I swear I smell it. After that, there is some vanilla in the base.

At first, when I put it on, I immediately knew I had to get a bottle of it. Now after having it settle Im not so sure. The fruity heartnotes next to the tabacco is just too sweet for me. Plus, Im starting to think I hate vanilla is frags. It's nice as it is, but if it didn't have as much sweetness, omitted the vanilla, and expounded on the wood notes all throuh the heart and into the base, it would be PERFECT.

I have a decent sized sample of this I have been wearing for the last few days. After the intial citrus opening, it changes into a fragrance that to me is very reminiscent of Mcgraw by Tim Mcgraw. Since I have a decent stockpile of Mcgraw (it being one of my favorites) I find no need to buy a bottle of this.

Top Bottom