What's new

YSL Rive Gauche

First of all, what a fantastic fragrance. Having read so much about it here and on base notes I jumped in at the deep end and made my first ever blind buy and I haven't regretted it one bit. It's pretty much everything I could ask for in masculine fragrance, classy, dark yet fresh and so cheap! A real gem. Anyway getting to my point, I bought the 125ml can as I have read the newer stuff isn't quite the same. The odd thing is it only seems about 80% full is this normal? It's not a big deal but I'm just a little curious. Thanks in advance for any help, it's just a little itch I want to scratch. I intend on stocking up on the stuff as it is a tragedy that they have changed it.

This really is a gem of a scent. Smells like it was created 20 years earlier than it was, but Mr. Ford knew what he was doing with this release.

I haven't sniffed them side by side to compare, but my guess is that the change in formula is insignificant at best. Only the most discerning customer would be able to tell any difference. The older bottle is still a much, much better value for the price. I will say, that for frags that come in an aluminum can, it has always seemed to me that they are very light weight and that they aren't "full". Probably just due to the absence of the weight of a hefty glass bottle.

If you like RGPH, you may also consider Azzaro Pour Homme and Aramis Tuscany which are in the same family. All 3 wonderful aromatics.

Completely agree , it seems too light to be a full bottle. I have 2 both were sealed on purchase from different retailers and they both feel as light
as each other. One of my favourite fragrances.

I love Rive Gauche ph. My bottle seemed lightweight, too. Just a characteristic of that particular bottle, I think.

I dont like it anymore. While yes it starts barbershop, it ends up very nutty/anise/woody and I dont like that.

I've just tried the new one and the difference isn't huge but it's definitely there. At almost double the price for 80ml the old can wins hands down I think I will be purchasing a back up.

+1 Schad it starts off barbershop but becomes a lot more complex. I am completely smitten with the stuff and to think it's so cheap. I have fragrances that are double the price that pale in comparison. It's madness, madness I tell you!

Top Bottom