What's new

Ysl m7

Ok...a few months ago I bought a bottle of YSL M7. I was at a small Fragrance shop in Palm Springs. They didn't have a tester so the clerk opened a box and it was what I believed to be vintage (amber glass, dark sides). I got my box (a sealed one) home and opened it and it was the reformulation bottle. I went back and explained to the clerk who didn't seem to know much about M7 or care. He exchanged it for the one he opened. But he put it in my original box. I have no date codes specific to my bottle as such. The bottle I have has the code cut out at the bottom. I've heard thIs happens in gray market. (?). I have no way of verifying if this is a vintage formulation. The bottle would indicate that it is. Scentfreak had sent me a small sample of his vintage M7 and to my nose they are the same. But after smelling and smelling and smelling I can almost talk myself into them being the same and also being different. Thing is...I don't really care and don't particularly like M7. I'll be putting the bottle up for sale soon. Is it possible to have a reformulation in what is accepted to be the vintage bottle? Don't want to represent it as such if it isn't.

Hey bud.
I dont think there can be vintage formulation in a newer bottle. It defeats the purpose. If the do not change the formula, they do not need to change the shape of the bottle unless if the bottle is too old and out-of-date looking.

No...It's not a newer bottle. ( Is it possible to have a reformulation in what is accepted to be the vintage bottle?) Here's a pic.

Attachments

• $2013-10-17 22.37.42.jpg
    $2013-10-17 22.37.42.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
I know my friend. That is what I am trying to explain. What you have is the vintage. It can not have reformulated juice in it.
I have not heard of a vintage bottle containing newer formulation juice. The reason why they changed the bottle is because they reformulated it. If they put new formulation juice in vintage bottle like what you are suspecting, then why would they go through the trouble of changing the bottle from the get go.

I think he's asking if the shop duped him by putting reformulated into a vintage bottle and selling it as vintage. Yes, they could have done so. They certainly were shady enough to show you one bottle and sell you something different.

Chanel did this when they reformulated Antaeus. They put the new junk in the old style bottles to keep us from realizing. When I confronted them at the Chanel boutique in Chicago, they got very "French" with me. I did some investigating and found it had been reformulated and they were not being up front. I loved vintage Antaeus, but what they sell now is terrible. . .same bottle though.

Thanks Scentfreak.

MartialArtsit, I don't suspect the shop of doing so. They didn't have any open boxes (if I recall, they had 4-5 boxed )and opened one up to use as a tester because I wanted to smell it. When I decided to buy I bought a sealed box.

Thanks Scentfreak.

MartialArtsit, I don't suspect the shop of doing so. They didn't have any open boxes (if I recall, they had 4-5 boxed )and opened one up to use as a tester because I wanted to smell it. When I decided to buy I bought a sealed box.

Oh, then I misunderstood.

Top Bottom