What's new

Ysl m7

It already has been brought back, hasn't it? I picked up a bottle not long ago and it's the newer bottle (with only one pane of the glass tinted from the inside).

It already has been brought back, hasn't it? I picked up a bottle not long ago and it's the newer bottle (with only one pane of the glass tinted from the inside).

What do you think of it? I have a newer bottle and find it to be a great scent but it doesn't have any staying power on me at all.

It's not what I expected. There's something about it which reminds me of an AMWAY Air Freshener my house had when I was a kid.

I blind bought it and Encre Noire at the same time, and to me EN is a much better woody fragrance than M7.

I still really like M7, and it projects VERY well. It gave my co-worker the worst hayfever of all time, and he's been subjected to Montale Full Incense.
I thought I got pretty damn good longevity out of it, probably in the vicinity of 6-8 hours. I will wear it again tomorrow (my poor co-worker) and report back.

I have the original edition and it is potent stuff. two sprays and it fills a room and lasts overnight. I can smell it on my clothes weeks later. So I don't know if they watered it down in the re-release? Guess it was released in 2002 so it might have had some problems with the 2003 ifra rules?

Ok I wore it again today, applied it at around 9:45am. It is currently 5:30pm.

While it started to wear close to the skin after a few hours, it was still noticeable to others that got close. At lunchtime when I was outside and moving, it wafted up to me so that I noticed it all over again.
Even now, though you wouldn't notice it unless you came right up and sniffed my neck/chest, it's there. It's burned off to leave a smooth, almost buttery scent on me that would be great in cooler weather.

I likely won't buy M7 again, but I can't help but imagine how nice the original formulation would have been.

Top Bottom