What's new

You've Heard of Deckelman Bros. Brushes... Right?

So here is the latest project. Posting the ebay pic.
Another one I've never heard of, but I LOVE the look of this one.

Knot Suggestions please!

proxy.php

If I had that handle, I would buy a 1305, cut the knot out and transplant it into that. No doubt about it; a lathering machine! That's a beauty.

If I had that handle, I would buy a 1305, cut the knot out and transplant it into that. No doubt about it; a lathering machine! That's a beauty.

Hadn't even considered a boar knot, but I have a Semogue 830 that I like a lot. Hmmm..

26mm Finest Badger Knot XH. ftw.

Here, here. +1.

Nice brush handle! I should know... I have it's twin, except mine is branded "Anchorset".

One thing that makes it cool is the green cap at the base of the handle. It matches the collar and gives a quality feel to the brush. It makes it look pretty deluxe!

It's a big hole. Yep, 26mm. I, myself, am leaning towards a 26mm XH Finest bulb. Set at something like 50mm loft. I expect it's going to be a great face latherer!

Do you face lather? If so, this might be the ticket. If you bowl lather, something with softer hair might be really nice.

Great score!

Here, here. +1.

Nice brush handle! I should know... I have it's twin, except mine is branded "Anchorset".

One thing that makes it cool is the green cap at the base of the handle. It matches the collar and gives a quality feel to the brush. It makes it look pretty deluxe!

It's a big hole. Yep, 26mm. I, myself, am leaning towards a 26mm XH Finest bulb. Set at something like 50mm loft. I expect it's going to be a great face latherer!

Do you face lather? If so, this might be the ticket. If you bowl lather, something with softer hair might be really nice.

Great score!

Terrific! So it is dark green, not black.... I do face lather 75% of the time. My favorite brush is a bulb 24mm Finest XH at 49mm in a restored Made Rite handle. How would i ever have guessed you guys would steer me in that direction. :001_tt1:

If it will take a 26 without a problem, I'm thinking I could even go 28mm.

No one suggesting a silvertip???

Last edited:
I really like the Finest Fan XH at a higher loft. So a 26mm at 56mm or 54mm. Enough backbone and gel-like softness equals perfection in my book.

Finally got this brush in hand today. Washed it thoroughly and cut it down from 66mm to 54mm and sanded the blunt tips to softhen them (works great BTW). This brush is in great shape. This is the first time I've never lost a hair on an old brush.

I'm actually going to use it until I order a 28mm TGN Finest XH... which should fit with only a small amount of work.
proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom