What's new

YouTube wet shaving channels

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend, because of you my lovely War Department is going to hang me until I am dead, dead, DEAD!

You have given the FarmerTan a brilliant idea.

I will start a yootoob channel where I do nothing but shave and quote dead famous people. Harry Truman, Mark Twain, Robert Anson Heinlein..... all famous ShowMeState people, while my wife comes in and tells me how shtoopid I am to be shaving in front of a camera!

I can see it now: Arko endorsement deals coming out my ears!
I would watch. No one can smell the Arko on you tube.

I learnt most of my technique from Mantic, Geo and Nickshaves..so I always have a soft spot for them
Ones I regularly watch are below.. A couple are italian, but you can turn on autosubs and then settings> Autotranslate>English

Mantic59
Geofatboy
KenSurfs
SinatraLennon
Paul H
Nickshaves
Micheal Freedberg
Luca Dinaro
Montefeltro Wet Shaving
Kevyshaves
Dave in KY
HC shaves

And ... given my predilection for "style" in the sense outlined above, perhaps it comes as no surprise that a couple of my other favourite shaving Youtubers are two Italians ... all in Italian, I barely understand a word. But as indicated above, "Substance" is not so much the point as long as it's oozing with "style".

Check out Luca Dinaro:

And not least Mauro Di Lernia:

I love the way Mauro has made his morning coffee (and the sound of his espresso machine..!!), an integral part of his shaving ritual and den. Great atmosphere in this shave den..!

Divertiti, e boun giorno a tutti...!
Love both these channels as well.
You can get a translation by doing the following ...

select subtitles cc ( this brings up the Italian subs)
then select the settings (gear icon)
then click subtitles/cc
then click autotranslate
then chose whichever language you want

HTH

I use this option on the Montefeltro wet shaving channel
its just a bunch of regular dudes shaving, no shilling because most posters only appear once, the shaves also tend to be at Normal speed , not rushed , the odd nick or weeper ..so in other words the whole thing just seems more authentic to me

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I'm thinking of offering a service where a group can come to my house, sit on the edge of the tub and watch me shave.
There seems to be a real desire to see an authentic shave (besides the one you watch yourself do in the mirror every day).
A word of caution:
Sometimes the towel slips off.

Let’s face it, it’s 2022 and baby’s are using tablets. Who’s your favorite wet shave you tube channel?

I’ve watched a fair amount of you tubes and I have two that I admire and appreciate.

At #2 IAMCDB
Big thanks to him for giving tutorials on making a lather. Very hq content and he also breaks down the price points and turned me onto Stirling soap.
Stirling soap is $15 for 6oz? And is tallow based? You really can’t beat that, it’s so generous of them therefore they get most of my business. CDB isn’t posting much videos these days , respectfully , but he has some great gems in his channel. Like his lather tutorials.

At #1 it is without a shadow of a doubt: Mark Szorady
Mark is a champion and it’s the perfect channel. Having a cup of coffee and hearing him talk wet shaving on Monday mornings is the best thing I’ve ever watched/listened to.

He is also a fantastic teacher.
Would hope to see more people find his channel, he’s really is a heart warming funny wonderful guy.

Thanks Mark and thank you CDB!
As always, God bless!!

This’ll be fun. Everybody loves the YouTubers around here.

FWIW, I can enjoy Shave&Butcher (Johan from Sweden). He seems to be a pretty decent guy with a good sense of humour. He doesn’t irritate me or make me want to spit at my iPad, so I’d say he’s exceptional in that respect.

Last edited:
Let’s face it, it’s 2022 and baby’s are using tablets. Who’s your favorite wet shave you tube channel?

I’ve watched a fair amount of you tubes and I have two that I admire and appreciate.

At #2 IAMCDB
Big thanks to him for giving tutorials on making a lather. Very hq content and he also breaks down the price points and turned me onto Stirling soap.
Stirling soap is $15 for 6oz? And is tallow based? You really can’t beat that, it’s so generous of them therefore they get most of my business. CDB isn’t posting much videos these days , respectfully , but he has some great gems in his channel. Like his lather tutorials.

At #1 it is without a shadow of a doubt: Mark Szorady
Mark is a champion and it’s the perfect channel. Having a cup of coffee and hearing him talk wet shaving on Monday mornings is the best thing I’ve ever watched/listened to.

He is also a fantastic teacher.
Would hope to see more people find his channel, he’s really is a heart warming funny wonderful guy.

Thanks Mark and thank you CDB!
As always, God bless!!

Just be aware that some people have the complete opposite opinion of those two individuals.

Nothing, but nothing, is as bad as the audiophile YT channels.

If you guys think the shaving channels are bad take a look at some guy showing off his $100K stereo system and reviewing overly priced audio gear for which he gets "long term" review privileges.

I've gotten back to proper shaving and before finding B&B, I watched geofatboy to get a feel for what was out there. Mostly because his shop is in Illinois, not too far from me. I now never watch videos, but they did get me started again.

Nothing, but nothing, is as bad as the audiophile YT channels.

If you guys think the shaving channels are bad take a look at some guy showing off his $100K stereo system and reviewing overly priced audio gear for which he gets "long term" review privileges.

I've gotten back to proper shaving and before finding B&B, I watched geofatboy to get a feel for what was out there. Mostly because his shop is in Illinois, not too far from me. I now never watch videos, but they did get me started again.
I got some tips from geofatboy. I can't stand youtube and think it's rediculous - most of the content on there. however I have to say after watching Mark Szorady - I am indeed enterained with his content. His script is priceless.

There are some channels I find entertaining, but for newbie DE starters that do not have access to in person tutorials from their fathers or other gents like myself (my dad did wet shaving in the past but always cartridges) I found the Brian Mulreany's Tutorial super valuable. I think I must have watched that video over and over again even before I purchased my first DE. Geo’s review videos were helpful too in the beginning.

And then quite quickly I found B&B with Guenron’s Four Pass Shave to achieve my first good irritation free BBS.

Nowadays I watch some shaving videos for entertainment more than anything. The price placement I quickly side line invfast forward.

And if on the hunt for a new razor YT is a good research search engine next to Google. For entertainment CBShaves is always fun to watch. And it improved my technique too.

Nowadays I watch some shaving videos for entertainment more than anything. The price placement I quickly side line invfast forward.

And if on the hunt for a new razor YT is a good research search engine next to Google. For entertainment CBShaves is always fun to watch. And it improved my technique too.
CBShaves is great entertainment. Sometimes I watch just to see how much blood he draws. Heh. He comes across as a very nice, likeable guy.

The problem with shaving videos (which I realized much too late) is the idea that there's really anything to learn from those people when in fact, there isn't.

There's no real technique imo, how many ways can you rub a brush on a block of soap then add water, or run a razor across your face?

If one is attentive to what one is doing you can figure these things out on your own like generations of men have already done.

Heck, read the instructions on the product packages if you have to, there's no mystery to this stuff.

One of my grandfathers used a safety razor everyday of his life, is he a shaving guru?

The problem with shaving videos (which I realized much too late) is the idea that there's really anything to learn from those people when in fact, there isn't.

There's no real technique imo, how many ways can you rub a brush on a block of soap then add water, or run a razor across your face?

If one is attentive to what one is doing you can figure these things out on your own like generations of men have already done.

Heck, read the instructions on the product packages if you have to, there's no mystery to this stuff.

One of my grandfathers used a safety razor everyday of his life, is he a shaving guru?
Respectfully I hear you and props to your grandfather - nothing better then learning from your direct family. However as someone who never had any instruction, everything I know today about wet shaving is becasue there are people creating content on youtube. CB helped me make a bowl lather with a hydration that is satisfying to me and Mark taught me how to face lather. In essence I combine both techniques and my lathers have improved(which was my target). It consists of a face lather that has the hydration I am happy with, leading to less irritation. As long as you are not getting worse, I only see a benefit of tuning into a youtube channel for instruction.
Who knows , if it was not for these guys(and the others) I could have blindly attempted DE shaving with no teacher, could have had a bad experience and maybe went back to cartridges.

Everybody has there own technique, so you don't have to do exactly what these fellas are doing, just take what works for you and leave what doesn't. Also, because of what I have learned, if a friend asks for some help, I can now confidently direct them how to make a good lather and control the razor at a 30 degree angle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom