What's new

Youtube volume

For two days, my Youtube has been at perhaps 35% sound volume. Driving me crazy.

I use Safari. I have checked and rechecked my volume level on my new MacBook Air constantly.

Any suggestions? Is this a ploy to make me subscribe to Premium Youtube?

Thanks.

For two days, my Youtube has been at perhaps 35% sound volume. Driving me crazy.

I use Safari. I have checked and rechecked my volume level on my new MacBook Air constantly.

Thanks.
I think the ploy would be the increase in advertisements, now 2 consecutive ads for your viewing pleasure!

Thanks.
Maybe it's to allow them to boost the volume for the advertisements? You turn up the volume to hear the main program, Then, get blasted when the ads come on? Now, that would be sneaky.

Mysteries continue, but I did find a way around low volume on Youtube: I installed Google Chrome and now I can get full-volume Youtube on Chrome only, not Safari..... hmm....

Play on, Lee Wiley

"Wile E. Chromeote, Genius"
You might be right, we'll probably never know. I just think it's someone no one would suspect, like the good ol' Roadrunner. Or maybe Popeye! Or could it be, BAM, OOF, POW, Batman & Robin!

I don't know that. If ads bothered me on TV, I'd probably just stream YouTube from my laptop to the TV and eliminate ads that way. But maybe it's possible... I just don't know for sure if it is.

I watch youtube on Roku TV and it seems the ads are increasing in frequency. Though it seems dependent on the channel/video, with some channels getting frequently interrupted, though the ads breaks are shorter. But when the video also has a longish introduction & splash screens as well as in-video advertisements it is nearly as annoying as watching broadcast TV.

I have noticed music videos with ads in the middle of the song, for God's sake, or songs that just quit, and it happens on all three of my tablets, my wife's iPad, even the cell phones. WTH is that about? Do I have to load something?

Hmm. I use a 2015 MacBook Air with Catalina and have no problems with the volume on YouTube, with or without ad blocker. I use F11 and F12 to adjust the volume.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I’m on YT every single day. I watch a ton of videos while at work via the ipad and I watch at home via iMac and never had a problem with YT volume. If I did I would assume it was the poor audio from the YT video, the uploaded that screwed up. Or I’d check and make sure my speakers worked and my input/output volume was set correctly. I would just assume it was poor audio from the video itself or an issue on my end.

It fixed itself. Like I mentioned, I check every day my volume levels on my Mac (F-11, F-12) and my YouTube volume on my test video. This morning, I saw that the YouTube video was showing only half-volume. I slid it to full volume, and my room was filled with Lee Wiley singing "Manhattan." Bliss. Thank you all for your suggestions.

Top Bottom