What's new

YouTube video camera under $600 ?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Any suggestions?

Basically I want to axe the GoPro Hero 8 I been using for YouTube and upgrade to something A whole lot better.
Something I can maybe attached a mic too. Or a light. Or both.

Likely a digital camera since that seems to be what everyone uses. I can also take photos too if need be.

All suggestions welcome.

Thanks!

Side note: my last digital camera was an Olympus 840 ( I think ). It was one I bought back in 2004 ish? And it was waterproof. I remember that much.

Isn't there a media mod for the hero 8 for about 80 bucks? Gives you 2 cold shoes, hdmi out, and takes an external mic?

Legion

Staff member
Isn't there a media mod for the hero 8 for about 80 bucks? Gives you 2 cold shoes, hdmi out, and takes an external mic?
Yes, or you can just get a mic input that plugs into the usb/charging port. But a gopro is still limited in its low light abilities, and you can't change focal length, and so on.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Puts me at $210 for the mod, light, and I’d get the screen probably. Or even another mic would be up to $300. And the Hero 8 was about 400. So now I’m right up there with a nice DSLR or whatever the latest acronym is.

it’s an action shots camera. Not a sitting recording camera.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
If you want one that is a real camera too. Look into the various Panasonic micro 4/3 cameras. You won't need their flag ship cameras and you can probably find a good one that is refurbed.

since you ONLY seem to be worried about VIDEO for youtube crap. simply go to walmart and get the cheapest HD canon/sony/Panasonic/Nikon CAMCORDER they have. most expensive ones ive seen top out at 220$ pretax, and crappiest quality is 1080p, 4k typical

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
since you ONLY seem to be worried about VIDEO for youtube crap. simply go to walmart and get the cheapest HD canon/sony/Panasonic/Nikon CAMCORDER they have. most expensive ones ive seen top out at 220$ pretax, and crappiest quality is 1080p, 4k typical
A crappy camera for crappy video for youtube crap. I appreciate the suggestion bub

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
and upgrade to something A whole lot better

Something I can maybe attached a mic too. Or a light. Or both

Can you attach a light and mic to a crappy video camera? Do you even need to?

you just want to do video

I can also take photos too if need be

Must have missed the part where I said I can take photos if need be

you probably wouldn't be able to use the camera features

Why wouldn’t I be able to use the camera features??

All suggestions welcome.

You got me thinking I should delete this.

It is interesting to those of us in photography. I have high end full frame Nikon DSLRs but prefer to use something very simple for videos. I shoot some videos for my safety work and our videographers use 20K cameras... and several GoPros. In low light it makes a huge difference but in bright lights I cannot tell when the edit goes from a 20k camera to a GoPro. External wireless mic is a must though.

Top Bottom