What's new

YouTube of Resin Shave brush creation

Stumbled across this video of making a handle, has one of turning a handle as well. Only has 16 subscribers, so I'm thinking fairly new.

I've seen other similar videos. Pretty neat.

I'm surprised he got such good results without the vacuum pot I've seen others use.

It looks like a lot of equipment is required to do something like that. Really puts the handmade stuff into another league.

The lathe is the main tool. Some places have co-op type things for access to tools like it.

...I'm surprised he got such good results without the vacuum pot I've seen others use.

It looks like a lot of equipment is required to do something like that. Really puts the handmade stuff into another league.

I thought the same thing but hey, if it works for him then cool. I’ve had void free blanks using polyester resin without vacuum or pressure. Warming the resin in a bucket of water helps a lot because it decreases the viscosity making it easier for the bubbles to rise to the surface. I usually got voids that needed filled with CA though. Vacuum seemed to cause more problems than anything. Rarely do I get a void with pressure, and usually it’s because I let the resin get a little too thick before I got it under pressure. Timing is crucial when you’re trying for a certain effect. As for equipment, a cheap Harbor Freight pressure pot and air compressor is all you need, along with some pvc pipe for molds. Compared to buying blanks the setup pays for itself, especially if you turn a lot of resin. An added bonus is being able to cast them in any size you want so you’re not just limited to pen or handle/bottle stopper size blanks.

The lathe is the main tool. Some places have co-op type things for access to tools like it.

It’s the main piece of equipment. The turners hands are the main tool! :wink:

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I Agree with Jay , Hands and a eye to keep things in proper perspective .
Some can and some can't.

It’s the main piece of equipment. The turners hands are the main tool! :wink:[/QUOTE]

I Agree with Jay , Hands and a eye to keep things in proper perspective .
Some can and some can't.

It’s the main piece of equipment. The turners hands are the main tool! :wink:
[/QUOTE]

Depends on the definition of tool. With yours, Heart would be main, brain second, hands third. Nothing happens without blood flow, other than death.

Top Bottom