What's new

Yous Gonna Be Jealous

Which Brush to Restore?

• Ever Ready 150 (Green/Black)

• Ever Ready 100XX (Mint/White)

• Ever Ready 100 (Blue/Blue)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Please allow me to gloat a bit for these will be my last restores. That's right I am retiring. Vintage brush prices shall commence their decline...now. :001_tongu

I am ecstatic that I scored the different brush handles, especially the Ever Ready 200 (bright green/black); unfortunately I only ordered three TGN Finest knots and no one has responded to my Wanted to Buy thread on BST for another TGN finest knot therefore I can only restore three brushes. The first two choices EV 200 and EV 100 (cream swirls/black) are easy. One will be restored with a 24mm TGN Finest Fan set around 54mm loft and the other with a 20mm TGNFF set at around 48mm loft. That means I'll have one knot left to restore one vintage brush but which one?

The choice are the last three from the left:

1. Restore Ever Ready 150 (Green/Black)
2. Restore Ever Ready 100XX (Mint/White)
3. Restore Ever Ready 100 (Blue/Blue): it has a couple of chips

Please vote for the one you would choose to restore. All suggestions/feedback are welcomed. Thanks

The second pic includes my four restored brushes. Left to right: EV 150B, Rubberset 6-100, EV 150, Rubberset 153.

Attachments

• $IMG_0773.jpg
    $IMG_0773.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 644
  • $IMG_0771.jpg
    $IMG_0771.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 644
Last edited:
Why (k)not just order a couple more knots and do all 3? Or get 2 from Larry? The marble/black one would look awesome with a black badger knot.

I voted blue/blue because you already have a ½ green restore.
Dibs on the dark green/black ER if you decide to sell. :001_smile

Before you do any destructive actions, try those brushes as is ... they all look like they have a fair amount of life left in 'em.

That was one of my favorite handles, but couldn't cut a brand new knot out of it. Yours looks fairly new too. I had to sell mine to fund my HAD.

I voted for Blue/Blue, but I like them all!

I don't know what it is about ER's that I like, but they are so cool looking.

I'm also a fan of the blue/blue.

You know...I look at that photo (and others posted here in this forum) with the bright, colorful handles and wonder why people are willing to settle for those awfully boring, dull, bland, ugly, beige/off-white handles from manufacturer's like Simpsons? (Not only settle for, but pay a relative small fortune in comparison to the cost a nice vintage restoration...) There's no reason that our shaving gear has to look like hospital equipment!

I voted for Blue/Blue, but I like them all!

I don't know what it is about ER's that I like, but they are so cool looking.

+1

I like them all too. That's why it's so difficult to choose one.

I'm also a fan of the blue/blue.

You know...I look at that photo (and others posted here in this forum) with the bright, colorful handles and wonder why people are willing to settle for those awfully boring, dull, bland, ugly, beige/off-white handles from manufacturer's like Simpsons? (Not only settle for, but pay a relative small fortune in comparison to the cost a nice vintage restoration...) There's no reason that our shaving gear has to look like hospital equipment!

+10

The blue/blue and the green/black are tied! I'll be selling some vintage brushes on BST soon including the small orange one.

Top Bottom