What's new

You're rich!

Credit Suisse Global Wealth Report for 2018 says...

You are in the top 1% in the world if your total net worth including real estate is $871,320.

You are in the top 10% globally if your net worth is $93, 170.

You are richer than half if your net worth is greater than $4210.

Yes, stockpiles of soap count.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
What’s the net worth for the top 0.05%? I’d sure like to know If I’m there. I can’t stand being with the lower class top 1%

I'm not sure. I forget how much equity I have in my house, line of credit debt, etc.
I could be worth a negative number, but far more likely it's positive.

I guess if I'm not sure, then most people in the world would count that as "being rich."

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Ah statistics
lol

Exactly

Financially

Very "valuable" point.

Credit Suisse Global Wealth Report for 2018 says...

You are in the top 1% in the world if your total net worth including real estate is $871,320.

You are in the top 10% globally if your net worth is $93, 170.

You are richer than half if your net worth is greater than $4210.

Yes, stockpiles of soap count.

I'm closer to the 1% than the 10%...I think they lie, but that's globally which I'm sure includes the Congo and Zimbabwe. I'm nowhere near rich.

But, I have all I want and need. That is something I haven't had at some points in my life. I'm good.

The bad news is that you have to be "rich" by those global standards to survive in the U.S. but if you want to cash out and move to Cameroon you'll be considered "rich". :)

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Clearly designed thread by mac to make me pull the trigger on my first simpson. Thanks.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Your comparative richness/wealth gets even more impressive when you compare yourself and this current generation to just about everyone who lived before the second half of the 20th Century.

Top Bottom