What's new

You're one of the Shaving Gods for a day. What do you create?

Title says it all. Oddly enough, I'm sticking with what's within the realm of possibility, but feel free to get more creative :001_smile

I'd start with a gorgeously sculpted natural horn Semogue brush, knot size say around 28mm, with the softest tipped 2-band hair on the planet.

You?

I suppose in an idle moment I would re-create the fabled Gillette Swedes, having never tried them.

An eleven-bladed cartridge. Just to check if there is any reason to have faith in average humanity. If even a single one is sold, the answer is no.

An eleven-bladed cartridge.

$this one goes to 11.jpg

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
An eleven-bladed cartridge. Just to check if there is any reason to have faith in average humanity. If even a single one is sold, the answer is no.
Eleven on one side? Or like a double-sided Fusion, with five on each side, and one in the middle pointing straight up?

Me, I think I'd plant a razor orchard. I'd harvest the Super Speeds and Techs and Micromatics, etc., and in the autumn, I'd rake up the blades as they fall from the trees.

A fully adjustable shaving brush that can take the form of any brush you want. Whatever type of hair, handle, size, loft, finish....whatever. It would completely cure SBAD, for good.

...although I'd probably still be looking to buy brush restoration projects on the 'bay because that just looks like too much fun. :001_smile

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
This is brilliant!
Thanks! Let's modify that to make it a shaving orchard. There will be razor trees and soap trees, and the soap trees will have taps in the side for creams. They'll all be flowering trees, of course, with shaving brush flowers (you can pick them when they bloom). And there will be aftershave fountains.

Make Gillette return to their roots and start producing well made, non plastic, heirloom quality hardware.

Top Bottom