What's new

You're going for the shave of a lifetime - what do you choose?

Razor: Muhle R41 (2011)
Blade: Personna Lab Blue
Brush: 2012 B&B LE (TGN)
Prep: Shower/MRGLO
Soap: Tabac stick
Aftershave: Floid Blue

I am actually getting married in a couple weeks, so I have kinda been thinking about this already.....here is what I am thinking so far, but the soap is really the only one I am on the fence about. Guess I will see what mood I am in that morning.

Muhle R89
Astra SP
Semogue 620
Mystic Water Lavender or MdC
Proraso splash (old forumla)

Here goes nothing (psssst....the cream is the surprise!)

Gillette Toggle on 3
Feather Blade after one shave (can get away with palm stropping one right out of the package if need be)
Shiseido Men cream (it's brushless and it's the best cream I can use)
Thayer's Alcohol Free Witch Hazel Toner

That is the best shave I can get.

I am actually getting married in a couple weeks, so I have kinda been thinking about this already.....here is what I am thinking so far, but the soap is really the only one I am on the fence about. Guess I will see what mood I am in that morning.

Muhle R89
Astra SP
Semogue 620
Mystic Water Lavender or MdC
Proraso splash (old forumla)

Nice. Like 'em all. How many passes can you load on the 620? I get 3 and am pushing a 4th.

As of today, my "shave of a lifetime" shave would be as follows:

Razor: SC NEW
Blade: Astra SP
Preshave oil: Em's Place(I just found this in the back of the drawer from WAY back)
Soap/cream: MWF/Bigelow uberlather
Brush: Whippeddog silvertip
Aftershave: generic witch hazel, followed by Pinaud Clubman

That was this morning's shave. It was the best I have turned in thus far. This journey is a LOT of fun!!

Here goes nothing (psssst....the cream is the surprise!)

Gillette Toggle on 3
Feather Blade after one shave (can get away with palm stropping one right out of the package if need be)
Shiseido Men cream (it's brushless and it's the best cream I can use)
Thayer's Alcohol Free Witch Hazel Toner

That is the best shave I can get.

Are you saying #2 shave on the Feather? I find #2-4 is a good shave, but #1 too harsh and a profound degradation after 3....

Nice. Like 'em all. How many passes can you load on the 620? I get 3 and am pushing a 4th.

I usually only go 2 passes with touch up. When I first got it, I found myself going back to the puck a lot. Now that it is broken in and I have gotten used to it, I usually don't have to reload any more. Probably going to pick up an 830 next time I place an order though. Would be curious to see if it is any different really.

I'd probably just use the setup I used this morning-it always works well:
  • Hoffritz Slant
  • Derby (or Astra) Blade
  • TGN Finest Badger
  • Cella Soap w/cold tap water
  • :cowboy:

$rajahopen.jpg

Oh wait... I thought this was the EDC pocket knife thread....

$wackermwf.jpg

I'm gonna get banned...but here goes. ....
Gillette...Fusion Pro Glide Power :scared:

I don't care what anybody else says, you gots to bow to YMMV, to each his own and devil take the hindmost. I just admire your sand for boldly flying your colors!

As for me, getting back to the elegant simplicity of retiredguns in his original post, for BBS effect:

Razor: Barbasol two piece
Blade: Shark Super Stainless or Super Chrome, new or on second shave
Soap: Vintage Williams

For the Shave of a Lifetime:

Razor: My father's Slim, set to "8"
Blade: Gillette Super Stainless
Soap: Vintage Old Spice

Oh, and for the Shave of a Lifetime, I'm not the one using them. I'm an eight year old kid again, watching my dad shave on Saturday morning. Those were the best shaves I'm ever going to have.

I don't care what anybody else says, you gots to bow to YMMV, to each his own and devil take the hindmost. I just admire your sand for boldly flying your colors!

As for me, getting back to the elegant simplicity of retiredguns in his original post, for BBS effect:

Razor: Barbasol two piece
Blade: Shark Super Stainless or Super Chrome, new or on second shave
Soap: Vintage Williams

For the Shave of a Lifetime:

Razor: My father's Slim, set to "8"
Blade: Gillette Super Stainless
Soap: Vintage Old Spice

Oh, and for the Shave of a Lifetime, I'm not the one using them. I'm an eight year old kid again, watching my dad shave on Saturday morning. Those were the best shaves I'm ever going to have.

NAILED! Semper Fi!

Top Bottom