What's new

Your Worst Shaving Injury?

Whether it's honing, building, stropping, the act of shaving, or just dropping blades during storage, we've all gotten boo-boos.
So what's been your worst shaving-related injury?
(I don't know if photos would be okay, considering the topic.)

Once I once cut myse right by the top of my nose. Not sure what i was thinking since i have no facial on that side that needed shaving. Just a rather silly loss of concentration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
I don't remember any real injuries besides the rare nick, but I think once about 40 years ago I went sideways with the razor and got a slice in my cheek. Mostly I only injured shaving bowls and mugs from dropping them, and injured my wallet once or twice. 😀

Nothing too bad so far. The worst was probably a month or so ago. I wasn't being careful with a Feather SS straight razor and sliced a very thin piece of skin off the top of my pinkie finger down near the nail. It bled a little bit but the slice wasn't very deep so it stopped soon enough. No pain whatsoever, just a clean slice.

Almost four months ago I knicked myself under my left nostril and it has yet to heal! My doctor said he didn't like it that close to my nose and has set me up with a dermatologist. He did say, with my age and complexion, it could be a precancer thingie! From a Schick bite less than 1/4" long? Never before, or after, have I had that kind of reaction to a nick.

My very first shave with a straight went sideways fast. Within milliseconds of the blade touching my skin I had given myself a neck flap. I had to crazy glue the wound shut and keep a bandage on it for a few days.

It sucked.

About a month into my DE journey I brought the razor up for a sideburn pass and clipped the tip of my ear lobe with the blade as I turned sideways to the mirror. Fortunately the styptic was close at hand in the medicine cabinet but it too a few passes to stop the blood flow, and when I finished I applied witch hazel & pressure with a cotton ball. Stayed sensitive for a few days.

I don't wear my glasses when shaving, which should get me some kind of hazard pay but doesn't.

A little rushed with a new schick p-30 in an ATT SE1. Didnt even realize I was cut till i saw the blood. No stitches, but did bleed quite a bit.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I was cracking open a pack of Personna 74 NOS blades that were seized up. When the top unexpectedly sprung off the tuck, one of the blades popped out and gave me a heck of a slice on my finger.

Almost four months ago I knicked myself under my left nostril and it has yet to heal! My doctor said he didn't like it that close to my nose and has set me up with a dermatologist. He did say, with my age and complexion, it could be a precancer thingie! From a Schick bite less than 1/4" long? Never before, or after, have I had that kind of reaction to a nick.

dude! Nice frank booth avatar!!

good luck with your cut. Hopefully, it’s not cancerous. :eek6:

Fumbled a straight once about 10 years ago. Sliced open my thumb pretty deep. AND dropped the blade putting a nice chip in the edge.It could have used stiches but I was too embarrassed to go to the doc. Had to keep it taped up tight for awhile.

Feather AC only a couple of months ago. Was rushing and not concentrating and cut myself near my cheekbone. Those blades are so sharp I thought I avoided catastrophe, but it started bleeding a few seconds later. I’m now the proud owner of a one inch scar there—maybe I should have gone for stitches.

Sliced my thumb twice, once while disposing of a used DE blade, and once while recovering pieces of a dropped apothecary style shaving mug (my favorite, I was nearly in tears, about dropping my mug, not about my bleeding thumb)

Nothing too bad so far. The worst was probably a month or so ago. I wasn't being careful with a Feather SS straight razor and sliced a very thin piece of skin off the top of my pinkie finger down near the nail. It bled a little bit but the slice wasn't very deep so it stopped soon enough. No pain whatsoever, just a clean slice.
My worst has also being with the Feather SS, clean cut at the bottom of my right ear when cleaning my sideburns, didn't feel it or noticed ‘till I saw the droplets of blood on the sink, even when it cuts where is not supposed to, the Feather SS does it so sneaky and graciously...still my favorite razor!

Top Bottom