What's new

your winter aftershave sent

Hello! I was just trying to get a few suggestions on some good winter/fall aftershave sents. Please tell me what yours is or just tell me what you think a good winter/fall aftershave sent is.

Thanks.

Truefitt & Hill Spanish Leather is great for winter. Also GFT Sandalwood skin food and edt. TOBS Mr. Taylor is great.... maybe more for the fall than winter though. Tabac as well is a good one for when the weather starts to get chilly outside.

Ben

Fall = Speick, Old Spice, and Trumper's Spanish Leather. Winter = Tabac, DR Harris Sandalwood, and Ogallala Bay Rum & Sandalwood.

Fall:
Chypre Rouge Serge Lutens (spiced, jellied fruits and bitter moss)
Lonestar Memories Tauer (bonfire smoke, bitter greenery, warm spicy incense)

Winter:
Cuir Ottoman Parfum D'Empire (smooth leather, vanilla, incense, powder)
Ambra Nera Farmacia SS. Annunziata (animalic smoky amber)

Master Bay Rum for the cooler seasons. My office relative humidity in the winter drops to single digits. Master Bay Rum has lots of glycerin.

Pashana. This is serious stuff.
also AV musk, speick, musgo, clubman.

If you want some serious cool weather a/s with that hangs around forever, try pashana. SWMBO even likes it. It is very potent. I usually apply with wet hands..

Leathers, Musks and spices...

Bayrums
Old Spice
English leather
Clubman Special Reserve, Original and musk
just trying some musks... but I like them for the winter.

Been rocking the Oglalla Bay Rum with Sandalwood this autumn. It's mellow and long lasting. Also been going with the Shulton's Old Spice. It's warming scent weather!

Clubman Special Reserve

Thanks for reminding me. My Pinaud collection is on top of the cabinet, but the SR is buried behind the Bay Rums on the top shelf, and I keep forgetting that I have it.
I think I need to move SR to the top and "bury" the Clubman that I rarely wear.

To answer the poll....

Summer = Citrus, and Bigelow Elixer White or GFT Limes.
Fall = Citrus/Musk and Elixer Blue.
Winter = Bay Rum or Special Reserve and Elixer Black, or TOBS Sandalwood.

Castle Forbes Cedar & Sandalwood Aftershave Balm layered with Tom Ford Tuscan Leather cologne. Thank you Tehtimmeh for introducing me to Castle Forbes & Tom Ford products (or perhaps I should curse you for hurting my wallet? :biggrin1: I shouldn't joke, these quality products are worth every penny and enrich my daily life.)

Aqua Velva Musk, Pinaud Special Reserve and Stetson Black find their way into my rotation way more often in the colder months.

AV Musk, Pinaud Special Reserve, English Leather, Grey Flannel, Pinaud VIBR, get more attention from me in the colder months.

Bay Rum - Captains Choice, Dominica, Ogallah and VIBR. Clubman Special Reserve and sometimes Aqua Velva Musk half and half (diluted with witch hazel or water). AV Musk too strong out of the bottle for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom