What's new

Your vitamin/supplement regiment?

51 year old here, workout 5 days per week, alternating weights and cardio.

Creatine is my constant, drink a creatine/BCAA mix during my workouts. Take the GNC Men's Multi-vitamin and fish oil daily. Have added glutamine to my post-workout regiment, mixed with flavored water.

Premier Protein shake mixed with peanut butter and whey protein powder is my daily breakfast.

Any suggestions?

I generally do about the same fitness program as you. My supplement plan (probably not any better than anyone else's, not really a suggestion):

Morning
4800 mg fish oil
1 Vitamin D tablet
1 multivitamin
1 probiotic capsule
2 teaspoons of Benefiber

Night
1/2 serving of protein powder mixed with cooked cold oatmeal and peanut flour
1 Calcium / Magnesium / Zinc tablet
1 Super B Complex tablet
1 Melatonin tablet
2 fiber gummies

No pre/post workout supps, no creatine or bcaas. I try to eat a meal before working out, and another shortly after.

I generally do about the same fitness program as you. My supplement plan (probably not any better than anyone else's, not really a suggestion):

Morning
4800 mg fish oil
1 Vitamin D tablet
1 multivitamin
1 probiotic capsule
2 teaspoons of Benefiber

Night
1 Super B Complex tablet
1 Melatonin tablet
2 fiber gummies

No pre/post workout supps, no creatine or bcaas. I try to eat a meal before working out, and another shortly after.

I like your regiment. At my age, creatine works for recovery. In terms of "seeing results", I'm not looking as much for its effect or non-effect on size, but there is no doubt in my mind it greatly assists in recovery.

I take a multi-vitamin/mineral supplement daily. During the winter months I add some extra elemental calcium and vitamin D (based on doctor’s advice).

Multi, fish oil, garlic.
Creatine 8 weeks, 3 week cleanse, repeat.
Fish oil takers...anyone think it makes skin TOO soft ?

I'm going to be 46 next month. I recently lost 100 pounds. I started working a highly physical labor job and decided to make lemonade. I lift 75 to 150 packages 40 to 50 hours a week(I am required to handle 100 packages an hour minimum but my average is about 140 with my max being 190 hour some of which are weighted carries up to 40 feet). I was out of shape , overweight and had a terrible diet. I really needed to improve my nutrition to recover as I could barely work 20 hours a week the first several months and worked my way up to full time. It was grueling at first.

Fish Oil(Vitamin Shoppe) - 3 grams(caps) per day(2 when I wake up and one after work)

Vitamin D(Vitamin Shoppe) - 10,000 IU a day(5k when I wake up and 5k after work) I work nights and get almost zero sunlight.

Vitamin Code Men Multi-Vitamin(Amazon has the best price unless there is a sale) - 4 caps a day per labeling, 2 at wake up and 2 after work

Creatine Monohydrate (MyProtein)

Magnesium Citrate - Natural Calm drink mix(shop around as best price varies). take it about an hour before bed.

Whey Protein Isolate(MyProtein) - 2 scoops a day

Those are all proven by studies to actually work, except maybe the Vitamin Code multi-vitamin but its there as a gap filler and peace of mind. Its food sourced and seems to be absorbable because it doesn't cause me to pass neon yellow urine like other multi-vitamins I've taken in the past.

This article/guide really helped me a lot as a starting point for losing fat and building a better body composition: The Best Fat Loss Article on the Motherlovin’ Internet (Child-Friendly Version)

I still need to get into the gym and start lifting again but transportation issues are hindering that for the time being. I ride a bicycle to work everyday.

You guys taking soluble fiber might want to take it at a different time than other supplements. It causes the other supplements to not be absorbed. At least that’s what my doc told me when he told me to add fiber....

I do a lot of walking and resistance exercises. I also take fish oil, garlic and a multivitamin in the evening. I take a couple rounded teaspoons of Metamucil in the am. I have not noticed overly soft skin from fish oil.

I take centrum vitamints, drink a gallon of water, 16oz. Tart cherry juice and eat a balanced diet of lean meats and vegetables and oatmeal. I use a bow flex knock off for resistance excercise 4 20 minute work outs per week and 3 days of walk/jog outdoors and treadmill on off days from resistance days.

Fish oil - 9g daily
Vitamin D - 5000iu daily
Creatine - about 3g daily; remember that creatine has also showed very positive benefits for cognitive function
Whey protein isolate - when needed
Boron - 1/8-1/4 tsp of borax daily
Apple cider vinegar - 4tbsp daily

I used to take a ton of stuff, but I'm fairly minimalist now. The above mentioned are ones I don't do without.

Morning
4800 mg fish oil
1 Vitamin D tablet
1 multivitamin
1 probiotic capsule
2 teaspoons of Benefiber

Night
1 Super B Complex tablet
1 Melatonin tablet
2 fiber gummies

Nice. Might I ask where you buy your peanut flour? I love PB2, but the flour has better nutrient profiles and I've not been able to find it without ordering online.

I usually do a multivitamin, fish oil, and CoQ10. I started taking additional vitamin B supplements, but will stop when my bottle is empty.

A friend of mine swears by Halo Beauty's "Hair Skin and Nails" supplement, so I tried their Kiwi Seed Booster. Basically a high end multivitamin/skin supplement sold by a YouTube celebrity from the beauty industry. I expected snake oil, and that's what I ended up with. Oh well.

Top Bottom