What's new

Your Vape Story

I ended up deciding to try vaping after a couple of years of heavy smoking...this round. Was over a pack and a half a day...starting using E-Cigs just over a month ago. I set a date, which was 2.5 weeks ago, that I would no longer purchase any cigarettes (at least by the pack), but would be willing to bum the odd one. The first week I had 5, the second I had 2, and I'm done. Currently using a Cool Fire IV and a Eleaf Istick mini, both with Nautilus Mini tanks. I'm running 24mg in one, 18 in the other, and I have a Kanger Mini-Protank II that I run 6mg in, for watching TV/driving, etc. The flavours I'm using are Sweet Bean Buzz (coffee) in 24, Whip-It (coffee, but more of a mocha flavour) in 18, and Show Me Your Goodies (Licorice), all from a local vape shop.

Nice one, congrats :thumbup1:
The Nautilus Mini is a fantastic tank. And that Whip-it sounds really good.

Vaping made the quitting process of cigarettes a lot more bearable. I started with a Nautilus Mini tank on an iStick 50w box, now I use a Triton sub tank on the same box, or a Derringer dripper when I'm at home.

I smoked 45 years. A local vape shop opened near me 4 years ago. I had them order me a Provari. I used cartos and Phiniac tanks for a while. Got an RSST and used it for a while. Tried ProTanks, but did not like the hit and miss on replacement coils. Had a Segelei V3 Flat Top for a while, PIFed to a friend.

I only have Mechs from 3 manufacturers. Atmizoo Rollers and Lab, Bay City Vapor Surf Riders and XXIXs, and Kuro Copper and SS.

I have had Drippers, but only use them for tasting juice now. Usually a Loki Labs Odin or a Origen V1.

I have had:
Krakens, still use one. Only Genny I really liked. No of the others except the Origen didn't have AFC.
Russian 99s.
RSSTs
Origen Genny V2
Rockets
Suapes

I am sure there are a few I missed. I never tried any of the newer coiled sub tanks. Never could get behind buying coils for between 3 to 5 dollars, when I could build my own for 15 cents. After that, it is only 7 cents(store price) to change out the cotton once a week. The coils last me about 2 months.

I have currently settled, on my modified Orchids and UD Goblin Minis. These are working real well for my juices.

So on an everyday basis, I have a Roller with an Orchid, a Lab with a Goblin Mini, BCV Surfrider with an Orchid, and a Kuro SS with a Goblin Mini.

I only use mechanical mods, all tube. I like the simplicity and they are easy to carry in my holsters.

All my builds have been the same for a while. Dual coil, 26 Kanthal 9 wrap on a 2.1mm 14 gauge blunt tipped needle for .45 to 5 ohms depending on the length of the legs. I use Silica in my Kraken and Shizen Cotton in all my other stuff. Only cotton I found that did not have any starting taste. I starting using it, as it was recommended to my by several juice makers. It is the only cotton they use.

That's my story for now. Oh yea, lost 40 lbs, ride a bicycle or walk every day.

Greg W.

Started vaping maybe three years ago, was using a really crappy pen, forgot the name. I was able to quit smoking, but then my buddy had one of those old school mechs and I enjoyed building on it. Ended up getting my own mech and now I have a TugLyfe mechanical (black with green splatter), a Sigelei 150w, and a snow wolf 200w TC. Love playing around with the different wraps you can do. All I vape is custards and maybe once in awhile get something odd like peanut butter and jelly. When I am out of the Navy and on my feet again, I am going to start making my own juices, I will let you guys know how that goes for sure!

I started in 2010 on this unregulated box mod. It sucked. It was clunky, inconvenient, barely held any liquid, always had some type of bad taste, was messy and leaky. I loved it, though.

http://bit.ly/1XZWKBR

Today, I'm rocking a IPV D2 as my carry around mod, I usually have at least one TFV4, and either my Petri or N22 and a couple flavors of liquid on me.

http://bit.ly/1MSkplI

I've been a smoker for 17 years, rolling my own with gambler tubes/tobacco for the last 4-5 years. About 3 years ago, I ran into a fellow with a vape and gave it a try. Picked up a couple eGo twists and some cartomizers. I gave it a shot for a while, really enjoyed pina colada flavored juice, but it's not quite as enjoyable as smoking. Haven't really used it a while, but smoking is killing my lungs so I'm going to give it another go.

I've been a smoker for 17 years, rolling my own with gambler tubes/tobacco for the last 4-5 years. About 3 years ago, I ran into a fellow with a vape and gave it a try. Picked up a couple eGo twists and some cartomizers. I gave it a shot for a while, really enjoyed pina colada flavored juice, but it's not quite as enjoyable as smoking. Haven't really used it a while, but smoking is killing my lungs so I'm going to give it another go.

Get a better quality setup...it makes a huge difference.

Good luck! I completely quit analogs and replaced it with vaping. A big part of it is the behavior of smoking is mimicked. Nicotine alone does not have the same effect as cigarette smoke, but a nice mod and atomizer certainly help!

My story: I wanted to try vaping for a long time, but didn't want to put up the initial investment. Over time, and after reading some threads here and doing a LOT of homework, I finally ordered a box mod and RTA. Now I can vape inside the comfort of my own home. The idea of going out for a smoke in January really made me want to quit. :laugh:

​“Tobacco use has one of the highest rates of addiction of any abused drug.” Paradoxically it’s almost impossible to get laboratory animals hooked on pure nicotine, though it has a mildly pleasant effect. The same study found that tobacco smoke itself is necessary to amp up nicotine’s addictiveness. In 2005, for instance, researchers at the University of California, Irvine, found that animals self-administer a combination of nicotine and acetaldehyde, an organic chemical found in tobacco, significantly more often than either chemical alone. In 2009, a French team found that combining nicotine with a cocktail of five other chemicals found in tobacco — anabasine, nornicotine, anatabine, cotinine and myosmine — significantly increased rats’ hyperactivity and self-administration of the mix compared with nicotine alone. In short, the estimated 45.3 million people, or 19.3 percent of all adults, in the United States who still smoke are not nicotine fiends. They’re nicotine-anabasine-nornicotine-anatabine-cotinine-myosmine-acetaldehyde-and-who-knows-what-else fiends. It is tobacco, with its thousands of chemical constituents, that rightly merits our fear and loathing as the Great Satan of addictiveness. Nicotine, alone: not so much.
http://discovermagazine.com/2014/march/13-nicotine-fix

Liquids and hardware have both come a very long way in the past 2 years. At the moment this industry is booming so fast, there's a new latest and greatest every 3-4 months.

I'm currently rocking an IPV D2, which was great when I got it 2 months ago, and it still is today. However, in those past 2 months, there are multiple other kings of the mountain. I've found that sub ohming, while unpleasant at first for most smokers, has a very high success rate for getting people to kick the habit.

Post up what kind of experience you're looking for, and what is important to you, and I'll try to give you some suggestions to point you in the right direction without blowing your budget.

Also, what flavors do you like?

Get a better quality setup...it makes a huge difference.

Why is that?

Good luck! I completely quit analogs and replaced it with vaping. A big part of it is the behavior of smoking is mimicked. Nicotine alone does not have the same effect as cigarette smoke, but a nice mod and atomizer certainly help!

My story: I wanted to try vaping for a long time, but didn't want to put up the initial investment. Over time, and after reading some threads here and doing a LOT of homework, I finally ordered a box mod and RTA. Now I can vape inside the comfort of my own home. The idea of going out for a smoke in January really made me want to quit. :laugh:

​“Tobacco use has one of the highest rates of addiction of any abused drug.” Paradoxically it’s almost impossible to get laboratory animals hooked on pure nicotine, though it has a mildly pleasant effect. The same study found that tobacco smoke itself is necessary to amp up nicotine’s addictiveness. In 2005, for instance, researchers at the University of California, Irvine, found that animals self-administer a combination of nicotine and acetaldehyde, an organic chemical found in tobacco, significantly more often than either chemical alone. In 2009, a French team found that combining nicotine with a cocktail of five other chemicals found in tobacco — anabasine, nornicotine, anatabine, cotinine and myosmine — significantly increased rats’ hyperactivity and self-administration of the mix compared with nicotine alone. In short, the estimated 45.3 million people, or 19.3 percent of all adults, in the United States who still smoke are not nicotine fiends. They’re nicotine-anabasine-nornicotine-anatabine-cotinine-myosmine-acetaldehyde-and-who-knows-what-else fiends. It is tobacco, with its thousands of chemical constituents, that rightly merits our fear and loathing as the Great Satan of addictiveness. Nicotine, alone: not so much.
http://discovermagazine.com/2014/march/13-nicotine-fix

Hmm, very interesting article. I had noticed when going from tobacco treated to free base nicotine (i.e. all major cigg brands, mine was Marlboro) to pipe tobacco RYO that I had no idea how chemical tasting the cigarettes I had been smoking were. And I had cravings for those chemicals for a while.

Liquids and hardware have both come a very long way in the past 2 years. At the moment this industry is booming so fast, there's a new latest and greatest every 3-4 months.

I'm currently rocking an IPV D2, which was great when I got it 2 months ago, and it still is today. However, in those past 2 months, there are multiple other kings of the mountain. I've found that sub ohming, while unpleasant at first for most smokers, has a very high success rate for getting people to kick the habit.

Post up what kind of experience you're looking for, and what is important to you, and I'll try to give you some suggestions to point you in the right direction without blowing your budget.

Also, what flavors do you like?

I wasn't looking for an experience exactly, just a way to help get off nicotine. My favorite flavor is pina colada. All the mods and gear are neat, but is there any benefit to upgrading besides having a cool vape?

I wasn't looking for an experience exactly, just a way to help get off nicotine. My favorite flavor is pina colada. All the mods and gear are neat, but is there any benefit to upgrading besides having a cool vape?
It really depends on your taste. I work with 5 other vapers. 4 of them were smokers who vaped off and on until they bought sub ohm tanks, which replaced tobacco for them. The other was also a smoker until he bought a little eGo style pen and an EVOD tank and committed to using that instead of tobacco.

For the guy with the simple setup, he says the important thing to him is that it's simple, reliable and cheap. When he has a nicotine craving, he grabs the pen and starts puffing. It's almost as convenient as tobacco, which is what sealed the deal for him. For the rest, it was the flavor and nicotine rush that sub ohming offers.

eGo pen technology hasn't moved very far in the past year-year and a half. So if you didn't like your eGo pen in 2013, it hasn't changed much.

You might be a good candidate for one of the sub ohm starter kits, then slapping a Nautilus or ProTank on it. I like the starter kits, because they are capable of providing a low-wattage, above ohm vape and they are capable of pushing the latest and greatest of sub ohm tanks.

If this seems like a lot of information and is starting to feel overwhelming, I don't blame you. I'm just trying to get a feel for what you might like so that you don't waste your money on a fog machine when what you really enjoy is an iStick.

Edit: I just noticed you're in Texas. Where are you located in Texas? I know a few good vape shops in Texas that would be able to help you without selling you. Especially in Austin.

Why is that?

Hmm, very interesting article. I had noticed when going from tobacco treated to free base nicotine (i.e. all major cigg brands, mine was Marlboro) to pipe tobacco RYO that I had no idea how chemical tasting the cigarettes I had been smoking were. And I had cravings for those chemicals for a while.

A better quality setup gives you better flavor, and a more efficient nicotine hit. It makes a huge difference. I tried quitting with a cheap system, and it didn't do anything. I was smoking just as much. When I upgraded, I very quickly reduced the amount of "analogs" until vaping totally replaced smoking.

Edit: I just noticed you're in Texas. Where are you located in Texas? I know a few good vape shops in Texas that would be able to help you without selling you. Especially in Austin.

I'm in the Katy/Houston area.

I never had a problem with eGo, besides the tendency of cartomizers to leak. Tasted and delivered nicotine fine.

Top Bottom