What's new

Your top badger brush

Omega 6793 Limited eidtion for the Italian Shaving Forum.
Hi density Silvertip in a butterscoth resin handle.

Only 100 allover the world.
proxy.php

While I really like my Duke, Thater and Shavemac, Elite razor's Manchurian White is just an incredible knot at a great price.
I am considering this knot. What can you tell me about its characteristics. Specifically, how soft are the tips as compared to a 3 band Silvertip. I assume that it would have more backbone than a Silvertip, but is there any scritch in the tips? I exclusively face lather so the brush is on my skin a fair amount to build the lather and scritch tends to give me brush burn after a while.

I am considering this knot. What can you tell me about its characteristics. Specifically, how soft are the tips as compared to a 3 band Silvertip. I assume that it would have more backbone than a Silvertip, but is there any scritch in the tips? I exclusively face lather so the brush is on my skin a fair amount to build the lather and scritch tends to give me brush burn after a while.
I face lather as well and I get zero scitch. I get more scitch from my D01 3 band. Great backbone. To date my favorite knot for face lathering.

Kent BK8 - Super soft and luxurious, builds lather easily and releases lather well - only medium backbone
Da Vinci 290 - luxurious brush - dense lather hog that hogs some lather
Da Vinci 293 - great size, builds lather easily
Simpson Chubby 2 - super dense, great backbone, - but a soap hog.
Zenith Chubby - Best value - almost as dense as the Simpson but also a bit of soap hog also.
Razorback HMW - Best value - great all around brush for the price.

I like all these brushes for different reasons. But I confess I have been using a synthetic more and more as I have been doing more bowl lathering. Maybe I'm just getting lazy, but the synthetic lathers easily, releases lather easily, and rinses so easily, but they just don't feel like the badgers. Rushed days - synthetic, relaxed days - Badger!

My favorite badger brush is a Rooney Beehive #2. One finest knots of I've experienced in high quality badger brush. Great on soaps and creams.

Great question. My Paladin Chief 28MM is my most versatile brush, but I find myself reaching for the 3124 Savile Row more than any badger brush I own, so, this one goes to the Savile Row.

"Expect nothing."

Easy. I'd have to go with my Simpson Wee Scot, because it is the only one of my 9 brushes that I know for sure is a badger.
I do, however, have a Simpson Special 1 on a vendor's wishlist.

Last edited:
Shavemac D01 Two Band. 26x52...Just the greatest brush I have ever used. I really want another in a different size.

Shavemac 2-band silvertip fan, 24x49, in a Rudy Vey Chief handle. I went through 62 brushes in four years before landing on this one, and since then I've only ordered a matching brush from Rudy and a travel synthetic.

$IMG_3432.jpg

I have tried much too many wonderful brushes and I could never choose, just one! My favourite one is the one I am using that day. :001_smile

Agree! I currently have 5 Simpsons brushes with another one (Classic 1 in best) on the way. My favorite is whichever one I'm using at the time. Whenever I'm using one of them, I think it could be my desert island brush. Saying that, I just ordered another one! How much sense does that make? To SWMBO, no sense at all!

This is my favorite brush of all time

$20160901_205040.jpg

and it whips up a wicked lather, Wolf Whiskers with a 24mm finest badger

Top Bottom