What's new

Your top 5 DE blades

1 Permasharp Super, I don't really use any others.
UPDATE

1 Permasharp Super.
2 Nacet.
3 GSB.
4 Astra SP.

It’s a close run thing but Permasharp super just takes the top spot.
All the above work well in a FOCS. Permasharp super are stand out performers in an ASD1 or an English flat bottom tech.

Last edited:
Wizamet
PolSilver
Personna Israeli Red
Gillette Platinum
Toss up between Tatra Platinums and Astra SS
All great blades though!

My top two DE blades are Feather and Personna Reds, which are what I’ve always liked and used. Personna Blues are good too - I’ve used them sometimes but they weren’t readily available where I lived. i don’t really have an interest in other blades. I like sharp blades and these are great and a known quantity for me.

I still have a lot to try but right now
Personna Israeli Red easily #1
Polsilver
Bic Chrome Platinum
Rapira Platinum Lux
Feather
Things have changed a bit since I posted this. Currently in order of preference:

Personna Israeli Red
Wizamet SI
Polsilver SI
Gillette Nacet
Lord New Platinum

I would be surprised if this didn't change again somewhat over time.

1) Treet Classics
2) Nacet
3) Personna platinum (German blue)
4) Astra SP
5) Treet Platinum

Those are ranked from perceived sharpest to dullest. Treet plats would be my most used followed by Nacets. Personnas would be my “if I could only have one” choice. Treet classics are almost as sharp as feathers and quite a bit smoother (their shorter life equals the cost of feathers)

At the moment:

1) BIC Chrome Platinum
2) Gillette Silver Blue
3) Nacet
4) Treet Platinum
5) Perma-Sharp

I also really like Shark Super Stainless, ASCO Platinum, Voshkod and most of the Gillette 7 0'Clock range (Black one is my favourite though). Top 5 changes at least every month, mind.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
It’s a close run thing but Permasharp super just takes the top spot.
All the above work well in a FOCS. Permasharp super are stand out performers in an ASD1 or an English flat bottom tech.
The Perma Sharp Supers are stand out performers in the Wolfman WR2 and the Charcoal Goods Level 2 razors as well. It was never in my top tier until I got into Wolfs and CGs. Thankfully someone on here recommended them when I got my first Wolf, and they were magic. Only in those razors though. Everything else I can use a variety of blades with great success, but in those two razors, the Perma Sharp reigns supreme and sits on the throne alone. The difference is very noticeable.

The Perma Sharp Supers are stand out performers in the Wolfman WR2 and the Charcoal Goods Level 2 razors as well. It was never in my top tier until I got into Wolfs and CGs. Thankfully someone on here recommended them when I got my first Wolf, and they were magic. Only in those razors though. Everything else I can use a variety of blades with great success, but in those two razors, the Perma Sharp reigns supreme and sits on the throne alone. The difference is very noticeable.
Interesting. I don’t think I have used a Perma Sharp in my Wolfman and I need to. I have a bunch of Perma Sharps but just haven’t tried this pairing yet.👍

Feather, Astra.

After 15 years of not touching a feather, I decided to give it a shot a month ago and they're doing well. I've tried many blades over the years but the one standout for me has always been the astra. solid, cheap, and reliable.

Of the few that I have tried this are my Top 4 DE Blades and I have more to try so it will definetely change in the future.

1. Gillette Nacet
2. Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum
3. Gillette London Bridge
4. Gillette Wilkinson Sword (India)

Trying several in a Gillette Slim adjustable. So far:

1) Feather Stainless
2) Dorco Stainless
3) Astra Platinum
4) Wilkinson Sword
5) Derby Platinum

If you're still searching for your top 5 blades, or just want to try some more blades, here's a deal too good to pass up.

Using B&B's own Great Blade Exchange you can trade in 2 each of your blades in exchange for 2 blades of your choosing. Take a look at the list of available blades, quite impressive. The only limitation is you have to send in as many different brands of blades as you are taking out. In exchange, I'll send you 2 of all the blades you want to try, for the cost of a postage stamp!

Top Bottom