What's new

Your top 5 DE blades

I'm not sure if I posted on this thread or not since I've been absent the past year. But at the moment my top 5 are:

1.) Gillette Rubie
2.) Gillette Nacet
3.) Gillette Silver Blue
4.) Astra SP
5.) Wilkinson Sword (German) - Although the newer ones I have aren't sharp enough.

Honorable mentions that I've tried and like, or blades that haven't gotten enough use yet that could be bumped up to top 5 -

-Personna Lab Blues
-Personna Platinum Chromes both Israeli & German
- 7 O'Clock Black
- 7 O'Clock Yellow SharpEdge
- King C made in Russsia - Great blade but I've only used a few and they aren't available anymore.
- Wilkinson Sword (India & China) - Both were surprisingly good blades
- Wizamet - I need to revisit this one
- Tatra Platinum - Surprisingly smooth blade, reminded me a lot of the Astra SP
- Rapira Swedish SS - Very little experience but it felt great so I have more on order
- Rapira Platinum Lux - Only used one blade but it was good, not as good as the Swede above
- Gillette Platinum - With the white background
- Permasharp - I want to like these but they don't seem as sharp as others make them out to be.
- Feather - A usable blade but would be my last choice of good blades since it's edge feels rough and I find other blades as sharp or sharper.
- Bic Platinum - I only mention this blade due to the Feather above. I find the Bic sharper then the Feathers and it doesn't feel as rough but I also don't find it very smooth.
- Kai - I need to test more of these out but so far so good.

I'm sure I missed some but this list is plenty long for now. It takes a very long time to really test out blades to their full extent. Most of my secondary choices above only have a few shaves with each. Many need to be tested further and may make the top 5 after that.

Top Bottom