What's new

Your top 5 American Artisans

Wholly Kaw
Mystic Water
The Shave Den
Ginger's Garden
Tiki

Subject to change at anytime, but this is my current top 5 Artisans from the US. There are so many great soap makers out there, it makes it hard to narrow it down to 5.

I've tried allot of the soaps mentioned in this tread and find that all said and done, you may get a bunch of scents to choose from but none of them shaves any better then Williams or Arko.

I've tried allot of the soaps mentioned in this tread and find that all said and done, you may get a bunch of scents to choose from but none of them shaves any better then Williams or Arko.

If you mean that Williams and Arko get the job done I definitely agree and they are soaps I tend to use a lot; however, they are far from the best soaps on the market, particularly Williams. I found that Arko does a good job and is a great bargain but is nowhere near something like a CB, Tiki Bar, or B&M in terms of performance and Williams is completely hit or miss even with my ability to lather it.

Two that surprisingly fly under the radar are Ginger's Garden & Green Mountain, in addition to the popular and highly mentioned front runners, like Stirling, Mikes, Cold River, Mystic Waters, Soap Commander. So many great choices though!!

I'll add a new one to the list:

"Kava Coconut Chai Glycerine Soap" sold by Mena Mae at MettaState on Etsy.

Absolutely phenomenal smell, exceptional lather for a glycerine, and a solid 9/10 for shaving with either a single blade or DE.

A "buy as much as you can afford" kind of find.

In order though these are all very close.

Barrister & Mann
Mikes Natural
Mickey Lee Soapworks
Cold River Soapworks
Chiseled Face

I still haven't tried Dapper Dragon, Stirling, LASCO or WSP which are on my shortlist and I'm sure will be good competition for my top 5. Theres also many other great american artisans that I'll hopefully get around to trying in time. We are really spoiled for choice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soap Commander (#1 by a long shot)
Ogallala
Barrister & Mann
Maggards
Mama Bears (I know glycerin soaps have fallen out of favor, but I get great results with Mama Bears)

I've tried a great many other soaps. Stirling isn't perfect as i don't enjoy their scents too much, but the performance and the value is unbeatable. Catie's Bubbles and LASC have some great scents, IMO.

Of the names regularly appearing in this thread, I haven't tried Mike's, CRSW, or Soap Commander.

I'm not yet a fanboy of any brand enough to list brands in my sig, though. :001_rolle

1. Stirling
2. KShaveWorx
3. B&M
4. Catties Bubbles
5. Still looking

Personally some of the artisans might big enough now not to call them artisans but just manufactures.

Top Bottom