What's new

Your Top 3 Cigars

Certain vintage RO aren't bad but you never know what you're getting. Kind of like Ghurka. Some can be nice. Others not so much .
Many years ago I’d have a ‘90, ‘92 or Edge. It’s been a long time since my last one & I believe Rocky has since come out with 83 different cigars since then. I’ve had only one Ghurka, a buddy brought a couple infused sticks camping, cognac maybe. Absolutely horrible experience.

Back in the day when I smoked cigars, my top 3 were:
1. Hoyo de Monterrey Merlin 1066
2. Partagas Classic Naturales
3. Baccarat Petite Corona

I might have to pick up some Hoyos in April when the wife is out of town for a few days 😁

1st... Family Reserve 1926 Padron Maduro. I've smoked 3 in my life that I can recall... following each of my kids being born but they've been amazing. I'll probably smoke my next when I retire from the navy. I doubt I'll smoke more than I can count on one hand from here until I kick the bucket, but they're really... really good to me.

2nd... any 1964 Padron Maduro (...I kind of stick with Padrons. I like them a lot). Just about as good as the '26s, but a touch less smooth and lacking the *wow* factor. These I smoke just a few a year but probably have smoked a box worth over my life. These are smoked often enough I keep a few on-hand in my humidor.

3rd... if I'm not smoking a Padron as I normally do (and I've gotten 2000-series Maduros by the box for my 'cheap' smoke), I like those Alec Bradley Tempus cigars. I think I had a few 'reserve' variants the Alec Bradley line I've liked, and seemed like it was similar to the Tempus... but it's been years back and can't recall. Enjoyed every one for a change of pace. If I'm feeling froggy and pass on a Padron or a smoke shop doesn't have what I want in the Padron line, they're my first choice.

I used to get sampler packs and such in my mid-20's... and liked trying new things a lot. Now in my late-30? I pretty much only get sure things. I smoke so rarely, I'm not interested trying new things, as often times, I'm left disappointed. I'll try things folks give me if I'm out being social... but I don't stray far from what I know I like when I'm buying for myself.

Top Bottom