What's new

Your thoughts on Wilkinson Sword (Black)

I started out using the black-cased Wilkinson Sword razor blades. They're made in Germany and seem like pretty high quality blades. However, I found them to be very inconsistent. people rave about WS blades, but I just don't think they're all that great. I find some to be very sharp, and others to be very scratchy, even from the same pack. I have used these, Shark Super Stainless, and Derby Extras. Out of these three contenders, Derby wins hands down. How did they work for you, and what is your blade of choice?

I find the Wilkies sharp, but not very comfortable and inconsistent in that I have occasionally gotten a rough blade. One time I had to discard it right away. Derbies are ask a little inconsistent, but much more comfortable when it's good. Shark Stainless is my favorite of the three you named. Sharp, comfortable and I've never had a bad one in about five blades. My top three are Astra SP, Gillette Silver Blue and BlueBird with the Shark Stainless in 4th. I have not yet tried Feather, but am looking forward to it soon. In all, I've tried about a dozen different blades so far.

Top Bottom