What's new

Your thoughts on Eversharp-Schick NOS injector blades? Any good?

I dislike the modern injector blades so I'm using only NOS blades. I know Schick Plus Platinums and Persona 74s are great blades. I occasionally see some Eversharp-Schick NOS blades available. Billed as "Surgical Steel." Are these good blades?

Thanks!

$$(KGrHqJ,!iwFD)3PFL4fBRLQIkljOQ~~60_57.jpg

Last edited:
OK, where are all the blade experts when I need them?! Common experts, show yourselves.

Or is it my cologne? (TABAC)

Well that's subjective to the person there definitely not like 70s era blades if I'm correct there made of carbon steel instead of stainless some pepole like carbon some like stainless and if there not stainless they can rust

I didn't bid on them because they could just be a box of rust. Cool if you're collecting, but I wouldn't invest in them for shaving.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I've a couple drawers full of Schick Plus Plats & Personna 74's from Back in the Day .. and have tried just once the non SS ones as pictured. The one that I tried was very rough, and dissuaded me from trying a second time. Yours might be fine, have at it?

I like modern injector blades. I like vintage stainless injector blades. I have tried Eversharp-Schick baldes and Pal carbon blades. The carbon injector blades that I purchased were in good shape. Whatever coating they applied was effective in protecting the blades from rust but had solidified and made them difficult to inject. I used a shot of teflon spray to loosen them up and then they injected fine. Shaves were not as smooth as modern or vintage stainless blades. Blades were pretty sharp and I got little to no irritation. The shave overall was fine. The problem with carbon blades is they rust quicky. Unless you store the blade in alcohol or something to inhibit rust you are going to get only 2 shaves or so. You might get 6 shaves with a properly stored carbon blade. For me stainless steel injector blades, modern or vintage, are preferable as they are longer lasting and a smoother shaving blade. I do find that some carbon blades caused me less skin irritation even though they don't shave as smooth. You really need to try a small quantity to see if they will work for you.

Last edited:
I used the same cologne today, I prefer the Vintage Injector Blades like the Schick Plus Platinum, Schick Ultra Platinum, Schick with Krona Edge and Gillette Injector blades, and didn't care for the Personna 74's. I'd suggest giving one a try, injecting it in a Razor which already contains a blade, eliminating the chance of damaging the edge of the blade in question, it's the only way of really answering your question.

When my blades are stuck or hard to eject from the cart, I heat them with a Blow-Dryer for a minute or two, this usually loosens them from each other.

I used the same cologne today, I prefer the Vintage Injector Blades like the Schick Plus Platinum, Schick Ultra Platinum, Schick with Krona Edge and Gillette Injector blades, and didn't care for the Personna 74's. I'd suggest giving one a try, injecting it in a Razor which already contains a blade, eliminating the chance of damaging the edge of the blade in question, it's the only way of really answering your question.

When my blades are stuck or hard to eject from the cart, I heat them with a Blow-Dryer for a minute or two, this usually loosens them from each other.
Good info! I'll remember the blow dryer trick.

Thanks!

Top Bottom