What's new

Your Tea Pot selections

I've got the pu-erh bug, so most of my teapots are suitable for pu-erh: small, and made of unglazed clay or silver. Even the large one in the picture is too large for sheng pu-erh; it's my dedicated pot for the pre-fermented stuff.
1632414630037.jpeg

The crude light-brown one dates back to the 60's. I call it my commie teapot.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I've got the pu-erh bug, so most of my teapots are suitable for pu-erh: small, and made of unglazed clay or silver. Even the large one in the picture is too large for sheng pu-erh; it's my dedicated pot for the pre-fermented stuff.
View attachment 1333045
The crude light-brown one dates back to the 60's. I call it my commie teapot.
There's just something cool and earthy about those red clay pots.

Mine are pretty functional. My former favorite was a "Brown Betty" made in England. A very old solid stoneware design. I unfortunately broke the spout off (probably the weakest spot).

1632420169353.png

That one was replaced by a Laughlin china teapot also made in England:

1632420418394.png

I also have a smaller teapot similar to this one:

1632420872120.png

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Favorite tea?

Mine used to be Teavana's Earl Gray loose, but I hear they're out of business. I'm getting a bulk organic Earl Gray from Amazon that's not too bad.

My wife is the tea expert, I only really know Earl Gray, but she has some Russian ones I like, and some green teas that are surprisingly good, but I'm just a neophyte.

Favorite tea?

Leaving aside the pu-erh rabbit hole, a nice rich deep honeyed Oolong would probably take the prize. But I don't think much in terms of favorite tea. Sometimes I want an Assam that is so tannic and nasty that you have to add milk to it. Sometimes I want a delicate but not grassy Gunpowder. Sometimes I want a Keemun, and I treasure the midrange ones more than the malty all-tips ones.

I get why people go crazy over Dancong, but it's not really my thing. I like more depth.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Favorite tea?

Mine used to be Teavana's Earl Gray loose, but I hear they're out of business. I'm getting a bulk organic Earl Gray from Amazon that's not too bad.

My wife is the tea expert, I only really know Earl Gray, but she has some Russian ones I like, and some green teas that are surprisingly good, but I'm just a neophyte.
A second on a dark tasty Assam.

Favorite tea?

I was also a major fan of Teavana's Earl Grey, and have been on the hunt for a replacement. The best I've found so far is the Imperial Earl Grey from Silk Road Tea Store in Victoria BC.

I was also a major fan of Teavana's Earl Grey, and have been on the hunt for a replacement. The best I've found so far is the Imperial Earl Grey from Silk Road Tea Store in Victoria BC.

Back in my days of conspicuous consumption, I used to get Marco Polo by Mariage Frères, a citrus, floral infused black tea with a distinctive flavor. Perhaps a more sophisticated version of Earl Grey, or a more expensive one, anyway.

Top Bottom