What's new

Your Tea Pot selections

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Hi fellas, my wife is a collector of tea pots, not obsessive, but she has a moderate selection. From Japanese ceramic and iron pots, to red clay Chinese pots, to the more decorative than functional pots. Thought I'd share a few in hopes that you guys could share some pics of your everyday or collector pieces. Love to see them!
20210922_131107.jpg
20210922_131328.jpg
20210922_131357.jpg
20210922_131416.jpg

Luckily I have a few pics that I sent to my sister a while back. Both are Denby teapots -- one is for solo cups, the other is big enough to serve a few. They are very functional in my household. I'm partial to strong black tea in the British/Irish tradition (and for some Canadians too) and these are perfect for that.

20210922_134611.jpg

20210922_134356.jpg

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Luckily I have a few pics that I sent to my sister a while back. Both are Denby teapots -- one is for solo cups, the other is big enough to serve a few. They are very functional in my household. I'm partial to strong black tea in the British/Irish tradition (and for some Canadians too) and these are perfect for that.

View attachment 1332583

That top grey and black mottled pot is awesome!
I have heard the name Denby before somewhere. Going to have to do some looking now!

I'm a big fan of Assam tea.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I never really understood the cold brew practice. I understand the theory and can appreciate that heat will produce a difference in flavor.
Do you drink it cold as well?

Nothing special, a Williamsburg Kings Arms tea set. Discontinued some time ago. Most days I use an electric kettle with one of the cups for a single serving.

Yorkshire Gold is my favorite all around blend. Scottish Breakfast for something stronger.

BTW, that Southern Fried Chic add on B&B is locking up the browser.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I never really understood the cold brew practice. I understand the theory and can appreciate that heat will produce a difference in flavor.

I don't use heat to cold brew. Is that an oxy moron?

Yorkshire Gold is my favorite all around blend. Scottish Breakfast for something stronger.

For blends, my favourites are Thompson's/Punjana (same company), Barry's, and Red Rose (get the Orange Pekoe imported from Canada, not the imposter sold stateside). King Cole from Canada is quite good too. I tried Kericho Gold recently (blended in Kenya) and am planning to buy more of it.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
BTW, that Southern Fried Chic add on B&B is locking up the browser.

Can you PM me and explain a bit further please? I'd appreciate the insight.

I don't use heat to cold brew. Is that an oxy moron?

Sorry, what I meant was that I understand that hot brewed tea or coffee is likely to have a difference in flavors than cold brewed tea or coffee, I just didn't understand if people drink it cold from the fridge or if they heat the beverage up afterwards.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member

Ad Astra

The Instigator

Yes. Found out about it here ...

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I googled this and I'm worried it might send me down a small rabbit hole... are you using it for tea or coffee or both?

It's a $20 game-changer. Get one.

More here ...

Coffee only. I have a neat stainless basket for tea.

Coffee is finer, apparently. The mesh on this wacky device is pretty fine.

Wife HATES gadgets and she's not complaining about this one. Agrees it's a fine Christmas gift.

The whole problem with the cold brew coffee is the mess, this circumvents it.

Now. A fine samurai-level iron tea pot would be a warrior accoutrement ...

AA

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Yes. Found out about it here ...

AA

I make my tea the same way. I don't grind the leaves, but otherwise the same. :smile:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I'm a sissy. I have an unsmart palate. I drink coffee hot and black, but in the winter months I like herbal teas. But those aren't really teas, are they?
😉 A tisane, technically perhaps. Herbal teas can be medicine, not sisifi-ing... 🤔 I brewed my own-grown catnip and passionflower teas earlier in the year.

Now - no joke - I have cats in my garden every night. 🤔 Except one night last week when a bear ran the cat out 🙀 at high speed!

AA

Top Bottom