What's new

Your Tea Pot selections

I've got the pu-erh bug, so most of my teapots are suitable for pu-erh: small, and made of unglazed clay or silver. Even the large one in the picture is too large for sheng pu-erh; it's my dedicated pot for the pre-fermented stuff.
1632414630037.jpeg

The crude light-brown one dates back to the 60's. I call it my commie teapot.

luvmysuper

My Elbows Leak
Staff member
I've got the pu-erh bug, so most of my teapots are suitable for pu-erh: small, and made of unglazed clay or silver. Even the large one in the picture is too large for sheng pu-erh; it's my dedicated pot for the pre-fermented stuff.
View attachment 1333045
The crude light-brown one dates back to the 60's. I call it my commie teapot.
There's just something cool and earthy about those red clay pots.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Favorite tea?

Mine used to be Teavana's Earl Gray loose, but I hear they're out of business. I'm getting a bulk organic Earl Gray from Amazon that's not too bad.

My wife is the tea expert, I only really know Earl Gray, but she has some Russian ones I like, and some green teas that are surprisingly good, but I'm just a neophyte.

Favorite tea?

Leaving aside the pu-erh rabbit hole, a nice rich deep honeyed Oolong would probably take the prize. But I don't think much in terms of favorite tea. Sometimes I want an Assam that is so tannic and nasty that you have to add milk to it. Sometimes I want a delicate but not grassy Gunpowder. Sometimes I want a Keemun, and I treasure the midrange ones more than the malty all-tips ones.

I get why people go crazy over Dancong, but it's not really my thing. I like more depth.

luvmysuper

My Elbows Leak
Staff member
Favorite tea?

Mine used to be Teavana's Earl Gray loose, but I hear they're out of business. I'm getting a bulk organic Earl Gray from Amazon that's not too bad.

My wife is the tea expert, I only really know Earl Gray, but she has some Russian ones I like, and some green teas that are surprisingly good, but I'm just a neophyte.
A second on a dark tasty Assam.

Favorite tea?

I was also a major fan of Teavana's Earl Grey, and have been on the hunt for a replacement. The best I've found so far is the Imperial Earl Grey from Silk Road Tea Store in Victoria BC.

I was also a major fan of Teavana's Earl Grey, and have been on the hunt for a replacement. The best I've found so far is the Imperial Earl Grey from Silk Road Tea Store in Victoria BC.

Back in my days of conspicuous consumption, I used to get Marco Polo by Mariage Frères, a citrus, floral infused black tea with a distinctive flavor. Perhaps a more sophisticated version of Earl Grey, or a more expensive one, anyway.

Top Bottom