What's new

Your supreme setup: 1 brush / 1 razor / 1 soap / 1 aftershave

If you have to run for your life tomorrow (hopefully not!) and you’re lucky enough to have an admission ticket on Noah’s Ark what setup would you pack?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Easy, keep it simple:
Omega Pro 48 Boar
Gillette Ball End Tech, 54’
Arko Stick
Aqua Velva
Astra SP blades

Pretty much my setup, I could skip the aftershave and just do with Witch Hazel

Brush: PAA Starcraft Synthetic
Razor: Above the Tie Calypso
Soap: Stirling Executive Man
Aftershave: Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic

Edwin Jagger DE 89
Derby Premium blades
TOBS Sandelwood
Aqua Velva
Razorock Synthetic brush
But I would try to smuggle onto the ark the Timeless Titanium .95 solid bar baseplate and Feather Blades

Chubby 2 Best;
Feather AS-D2 (close-run competition with Timeless Bronze OC)/Feather Blades;
MWF;
Barberry Coast Bay Rum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I’m going to grab stuff I know will last me a good while.

Semogue SOC boar brush
MdC Agrumes soap
Gillette FatBoy razor
Personna lab blue blades
Humphrey’s citrus witch hazel

And a clubman pinaud styptic pencil (just in case)

Oh these questions are always so tough!

Colonial General Brass SE
Feather Pro blades
Razorock Big Bruce synthetic
CBL Barbershop soap
Fine Accoutrements American Blend

It’d be a hard set up to get bored of for sure!

Out of what I own or have tried? That is not an extensive list.

Brush: I have two. I use neither.

Razor: Gillette ball end Tech. I have newer Merkurs, a Fatboy, a Slim, etc., but the simple Tech would be my one. My 3 Techs have already lasted a lifetime. They'll outlast me. My blades would be the Astra SP.

Soap: Arko shave stick. That's why I don't use brushes. I rub the stick against my face and stubble, then I lather up with a wet hand. I may try the Palmolive sticks soon, as I hear they smell better than Arko's "military-industrial complex" fragrance.

Aftershave: Alum block. Yep. Just that. Odorless and antiseptic. And it is the best underarm deoderant I have ever used. The things last a long time.

Pretty utilitarian, I know.

Razor: No contest here...definitely my Gillette NEW with my Cooncatbob Bull Mastiff handle. It's the only razor that consistently gives me an excellent shave, and I rather regret I only got one of Bob's handles before he passed.

Brush: My favorite brush is an Ever-ready with a TNG Finest knot, but I'd probably actually take my Semogue Owner's Club boar. It's wonderfully soft and scrubby once it's broken in, and it pairs well with hard soaps, which is important because...

Soap: Tabac. I generally love Italian soft soaps more than hard soaps, but I'm so addicted to Tabac's scent and the lather it makes is amazing. And finally...

Aftershave: Italian Amber Floid. I still have a big bottle of it, and it's by far my favorite aftershave. Smells like the barbershop of your dreams, and leaves my face feeling great.

Mine changed recently with the arrival of the Timeless Ti .68, who dethroned my Feather ASD2.

Razor: Timeless Ti .68
Blade: Feather
Brush: Proraso Boar
Soap/Creme: Proraso SE Wood & Spice
Aftershave Routine:
- Toner: Thayers Unscented
- Splash: Proraso Green
- Balm: Esbjerg Sensitive

Razor: Muhle R41 baseplate with Yintal Bronze topcap and Russian titanium handle
Blade: Nacet
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Timber Wolf synth.
Soap: Fitjar Folgefonn

Germany, China, Russia and Norway.

Top Bottom