What's new

Your Splash With the Best Post-Shave Feel

Many mentioned LT Tonic and Speick, and I, too, would put those near the top. But, I’m surprised by no mentions of T&S splashes. They are just awesome, I mean awesome high-quality splashes.

Myrsol Antesol and Barristers Reserve. Both have allantoin, and others with that ingredient (cella splash, WSP) work similarly well for me. Very smooth feel. Antesol is a fraction above BR if I had to choose one.

Interesting information.
Allantoin
is a urea hydantoin that is found in URINE and PLANTS and is used in dermatological preparations. Allantoin is a diureide of glyoxylic acid with the chemical formula C4H6N4O3. It is also called 5-ureidohydantoin or glyoxyldiureide. It is a product of the oxidation of uric acid.
MM879

Pitralon Classic has the best face feel of any splash I know. For me it almost feels like a balm. Smells great too.

I enjoy post shave feel of Gillette cool wave, I think the castor oil is a great additive. Also Avon Spicy has a mild menthol feel. Finally skin bracer also an aggressive menthol, that I love. For me those are my top 3 for feel, though not all are my favorite scents.

For me Fine Accoutrements splashes seem to be the most refreshing with the best post-shave feel. The two that I enjoy the most are the American Blend and the Italian Citrus. Speick also feels good on my face after a shave.

Nothing can beat B&M Reserve aftershaves. Their only drawback is that they are 2 times the price of a regular aftershave but I dont mind at all. Only aftershave in the world that doesnt leave me dry, instead it leaves me moisturized. Game changing material here. I have them all.
+1

Stirling for me. Ran out last month and I’ve been trying to use up some of my others before getting more.

Furbo Vintage Blu to me has the best ever post-shave feel. Awesome.

Even better when mixed 50/50 with Proraso Green = “Furaso 50/50”. In think the Proraso has slightly more glycerin and that works perfect with the Furbo :001_wub:

For me it’s:

1 Penhaligon’s Bayolea, perfectly soothing any razorburn even after a ‘rough shave’
2 Tabac Original, perfect scent to complement the soap, I usually finish with a talcum powder for extra soothing and a lasting feeling of freshness
3 Proraso red, for that little bit of tingling sensation

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Proraso red Sandal wood with shea butter.:001_wub::001_wub:
Proraso green:001_wub:
Razorock XXX & I.B. Amici:001_wub:

Top Bottom