What's new

Your Splash With the Best Post-Shave Feel

What I posted earlier in the What A/S did you use today:

"I stayed at my cousin's house last night. I salvaged a terrible shave (cheap disposable 2 blade plastic razor and a can of Gillette 3x Sensitive Gel --how the hell did I use that crap for so long in my younger years?!) with a liberal application of Floid - Vigoroso."

Vigoroso as an awesome cooling feeling without the cooling scent (like Osage). I actually think it is a "warmer scent", but with awesome cooling properties. It just really left my face feeling smooth and nurtured after a sub-par shave.

Nothing can beat B&M Reserve aftershaves. Their only drawback is that they are 2 times the price of a regular aftershave but I dont mind at all. Only aftershave in the world that doesnt leave me dry, instead it leaves me moisturized. Game changing material here. I have them all.

AV Ice blue classic. I also like Gillette After Shave Gel in the little upside-down plastic bottle. It leaves my skin very smooth without being greasy. Pleasant scent that fades quickly.

I think that the best after shave feel for me is Gabel's Bay Rum. The face feel is a super soft like after just applying a fine talc. No hints of tackiness or oil. The Gabel's is hard to find. The only place I've found it is at a professional barber supply.
MM879

I have a '70s fishing-reel bottle of Aqua Velva ice blue that really is the best, but I don't wear it because the wife hates the scent. A bottle of Gillette Cool Wave with a bit of liquid vegetable glycerin added in is just about as good, so is the AV Ice Sport I bought but I prefer using that in hot weather.

Myrsol just give me better post shave feel than the others I have. When it comes to scent, SMN Tabacco Toscano is my choice.

I've got over 100 aftershaves, but Chatillon Lux and Maol Grooming are the clear winners in my den for post-shave face feel. The scents are also very nice.

I've got over 100 aftershaves, but Chatillon Lux and Maol Grooming are the clear winners in my den for post-shave face feel. The scents are also very nice.
I've heard some good things about the Maol AS's, do they have a similar consistency to CL? I like the CL splashes but they're a little more viscous and tacky feeling than I would like, was wondering how the Maol compares.

I've heard some good things about the Maol AS's, do they have a similar consistency to CL? I like the CL splashes but they're a little more viscous and tacky feeling than I would like, was wondering how the Maol compares.

Maol is similarly tacky to Chatillon (if not more so), even though alcohol is listed as the first ingredient for both of them. For a less tacky (and less "balmy") splash, yet still retaining a slight feel of face food, I like PAA, Wm Neumann and B&M Reserve.

Maol is similarly tacky to Chatillon (if not more so), even though alcohol is listed as the first ingredient for both of them. For a less tacky (and less "balmy") splash, yet still retaining a slight feel of face food, I like PAA, Wm Neumann and B&M Reserve.
Thanks Scott, was wondering if that might be the case... I do like the B&M Reserve and PAA consistency better, the viscosity of CL, Declaration and Ginger's Garden just doesn't quite do it for me no matter how much I love some of the scents and even though I can tell its doing good stuff for my skin.

Having tried many (too many) aftershaves I am sure of my top 3 for face feel. I cannot separate them but they are definitely above the rest for me:

Speick
Myrsol (Lemon)
Floid Blue

Myrsol hands down. I have 1L bottles of Formula “C” and F/Extra. It’s too bad gifts and care stopped shipping then to North America.

Ive been impressed with Stirling. I recently picked up a bottle of their Sandalwood and its good stuff and at $12, you cant really beat the price.

I'm not super crazy about any of the CL scents I've tried but the post-shave feel is excellent. I did try the CL salves but they are just too greasy feeling.

I also like the feel of La Toja and Lucky Tiger.

I like Thayers Original Witch Hazel with alcohol. I buy menthol crystals on eBay and then dissolve them in the Thayers. Feels great.

Myrsol Antesol and Barristers Reserve. Both have allantoin, and others with that ingredient (cella splash, WSP) work similarly well for me. Very smooth feel. Antesol is a fraction above BR if I had to choose one.

Top Bottom