What's new

Your Smoothest and Most Efficient Razors

My smoothest shaver is my Ti95DC and most efficient is the TiBB... They both get me 2 pass BBS shaves that last about 16-20hrs but on average the Blackbird lasts just a tad longer than the Timeless.

My newest razor, a Karve Christopher Bradley brass with the "G" safety bar plate, has moved to the top, or near the top, of my list. I only have one shave with it, but it is certainly smoother than my other two highly efficient razors, the Dart and R41, and I think it is equally efficient. It will take a few more shaves for me to accurately gauge its efficiency, but it is certainly a great combination of smoothness and efficiency.

The only razor I’ve ever owned is the Above The Tie S1. So I’d be curious to hear from more experienced shavers who have used the S1 how it stacks up against other razors in terms of smoothness and efficiency.

My most impressive razors ranked by efficiency and smoothness

The Aggressive - Very efficient and great smoothness:

Razorock Lupo 72
PAA DOC Ascension (sometimes the comb is felt)

Then the insanely smooth and relatively good efficiency:

PAA Meta-4

Runners up:

Fatip OC or Gentile
Razorock Gamechanger want smoother go .68 want more efficiency go 84. OC, solid bar, JAWS to further dial it in.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
The only razor I’ve ever owned is the Above The Tie S1. So I’d be curious to hear from more experienced shavers who have used the S1 how it stacks up against other razors in terms of smoothness and efficiency.
I am interested, too !

My smoothest razor is my Weber DLC, because of that coating. It's almost like a non-stick pan.

My razor with the best balance of smootheness and efficiency is the Tradere SB. With the right blade it can be easy to forget there's even a blade in it.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
The hunt is over ( for the moment ) I dont own any high end razors. But for me its the Fatip piccolo which I've owned for a while now to me YMMV its a very efficient razor and very smooth. My next razor which I have to mention is the Yaqi aggressive top slant I've only just got this razor my first shave I used a GSB on its 3rd outing as this razor looked like it was gonna rip my face off. I was really surprised at just how smooth it was 3 passes with a lot of clean up. So the second shave I loaded it with a brand new Nacet almost a BBS with 3 passes and very little clean ups. I think this razor will just get better the more I get dialled in. Sorry for the long winded reply.

I had an ATT S1 for a while and found it very smooth and feel it ranks right up there on the smoothness scale. I found it decently efficient, but end the end sold it off. It's a very nice razor, but I prefer the Windsor line.

Tremendously useful thread.

I’m getting some very nice shaves from the Rex Envoy and the Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 using Gillette Perma-Sharp blades.

I’m nearing the point of buy and try!!! That appears to be the only way for me!!!! How and where the blade meets the skin!

For me, the smoothest high-efficiency razors I have are the Rocnel Sailor, Blackland Tradere OC, and the Timeless Slim 0.5 OC and Bronze 0.78 OC. By smoothest I mean having blade feel that is not harsh or excessive - these all have blade feel.

The Blackland Blackbird and Karve Christopher Bradley F OC are as efficient as those, but the blade feel is not as smooth for me, and that’s ok a lot of the time.

The H&S P076, Blackland Vector and Wolfman WR2 1.35 are also very nice razors but not as efficient, though with the right beard preparation they are usually efficient enough. I particularly enjoy using the P076 and Vector, and I find they have other attributes which more than make up for a moderate drop in efficiency, so I would include those two with the Sailor, Tradere, Timeless Slim and Bronze 0.78 as my favoured razors overall.

Then, for a smooth but not particularly efficient shave (to give my skin a break) I enjoy vintage Gillettes more than any equivalent modern razors that I have tried. Preferable to a Rockwell, for example.

I don’t really go for razors that have very little or no blade feel.

That’s my experience anyway.

Last edited:
for me at this moment Timeless 68 comb as my go to daily when not trying others :)
and now that I have the Wolfman .95 I do say almost positive it has past my Timeless as the smoothest and efficient

I should say the smoothest would be Henson mild but not efficient
the most efficient but horrid for me in comfort/smooth is the Lupo 95 or my Rex they are to much for me :)

Top Bottom