What's new

Your smoothest and most efficient DE razor

Smoothest for me is the Razorock mamba.
Most efficient is the 2011 R41.
Best combination of smooth and efficient is the Paradigm 17-4.

Nice! I'm glad that worked out.:001_smile There really is something special about the RR TeckII. Most people will think you're kidding with the wolfman Jr moniker, but I know you're telling the gods honest truth.

I see you found the correct handle for it. The thing they ship it with is handle shaped which confounds many people, but my understanding is that it's just send as a thread protector to prevent dust & whatnot from fouling the internal threads during transit. That said, I have found that when smelted, the stock handle makes a bakers dozen of the cutest sacrificial zinc anodes you've ever seen. I bring them with me whenever I go to the docks. When I see a rusty anchor line, I just pop one in the most beleaguered of the links, and know that I've brought some good into the world.

Also, I should note that although the TeckII is polyamorous, it shows a particular affinity for Russians (mine does at least). If you haven't tried one of the top shelf PPI blades with it yet, you're in for a treat. A Gillette Silver Blue or Nacet doesn't just sit in the razor as one might rightly expect; it very nearly snuggles. The razor and blade go so well together I sometimes exclaim in exasperation "get a room!", and once more affirm my wife's silent concern for my sanity...:001_tongu
I'll give a Nacet a go tomorrow. The Rockwell 6C handle although not as well balanced as the PAA aluminum does fit nicely, I'll see how a bit more weight feels.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Depends on my beard growth/stubble.

Gillette Aristocrat #16 for shorter growth (using a Gillette SB or Feather Blade)
Gillette Aristocrat #21 for longer growth (using a Gillette SB or Rubie blade)

Both razors are absolutely fantastic.
I've not had the pleasure of shaving with an English, but they certainly have high ratings among the veteran members here.

You, and the enablers in the Aristocrat thread are certainly tweaking my RAD. I've a feeling that I'll soon be testing a 15 or 16.

My wife thanks you for your service, and God Save the Queen . :001_rolle

I've not had the pleasure of shaving with an English, but they certainly have high ratings among the veteran members here.

You, and the enablers in the Aristocrat thread are certainly tweaking my RAD. I've a feeling that I'll soon be testing a 15 or 16.

My wife thanks you for your service, and God Save the Queen . :001_rolle

LOL. I have JUST shaved with my #21 about 30 minutes ago (using a GSB) and I seriously cannot believe the smoothness and efficiency of this razor. I just LOVE it. It is a little aggressive compared to the #16 though, but not quite as aggressive as a #15 (gotta love that safety bar).

LOL. I have JUST shaved with my #21 about 30 minutes ago (using a GSB) and I seriously cannot believe the smoothness and efficiency of this razor. I just LOVE it. It is a little aggressive compared to the #16 though, but not quite as aggressive as a #15 (gotta love that safety bar).
The 2nd gen #21 was basically just a safety bar version of the 1st gen #15. Wonderful shaver.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
It depends how one defines efficiency of a razor. Amount of stubble shaved per pass or time spent shaving.

My Fatip Grande with a Polsilver is easily smooth and rigid enough for a single buffing pass directly ATG at 48 hours growth. That entire shave from start of loading my brush to toweling off is right around 3 minutes. Thats efficient.

Closest shave with a first pass WTG/XTG goes to my Gillette Regent and a Polsilver. I can have a simple, quick, very effective and very good, DFS in one quick pass. Thats efficient too, but its not as smooth as my Grande.

My Regent lacks the rigidity to start directly ATG like I can with my Grande. If it was just as rigid a design it would be a toss up between the two. Because of that, my Fatip Grande is The King of efficiency. Get the angle just right and its also the smoothest razor I've ever used, by far.

Hello,
Most efficient Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements dual open comb stainless. Not to be mistaken with the mild Zamak mild DOC.
It’s a beast but smooth as silk.

Cheers
John

At the moment I'm finding Aristocrats offer pretty much everything I need.

Smoothest has to go to either the solid bar Aristocrat #15 or 1949 Junior Aristocrat

Most efficient has to be between the open comb razors, either the Aristocrat #15 or Popular

How do you like the Ti compared to SS? I have SS and was curious about Ti
The ti of course is a lighter razor and is more forgiving you could put more pressure on your face using it because of that. Also This Ti has a different finish it's a matte finish so it has a different feel on the face than the stainless steel. I actually just shaved with both yesterday and they were both satisfying shaved equally but just felt different because of the metal. I'm glad that I have both but if you had one or the other it probably wouldn't be necessary unless you really enjoy the razor like I do there is something unique about each one. I'm sorry I can't be more specific but it's something you must feel on your face for yourself and in your hand. Why not get one you have a 30 day money back guarantee so you have nothing to lose

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Smoothest: Karve with F plate SB

Most Efficient: Karve with F plate SB and Charcoal Goods L3 DC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom