What's new

Your smoothest and most efficient DE razor

Shake Sharp v1.0 (with twin blades) and Stahly offer the best of both worlds for me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I love this thread and have been stalking it for ideas for a long time, but I was still going through a crazy RAD period when it started.

Now that my RAD has quieted down a bit, and after trying out 60+ razors over the past few years, I have several contenders for both the smoothest and most efficient DEs.

Smoothest: Timeless 95 SS SB
Most Efficient: Charcoal L3 SB

Smooth Honorable Mentions:
RR GC 84 SB
ATT Windsor MMH1
Karve E SB
Gillette New Long Comb

Efficient Honorable Mentions:
Blackbird SB
Gillette Old Type (1930s)

Of course, all of my smooth mentions are also very efficient because, for me, not needing to chase a long lasting BBS is part of the reason its smoothness matters.

My Gillette Black Beauty ... or Schick Krona ... or Parker Semi Slant ... A silver handle Super Speed, or even the disturbing YingJili. They all do the job well.

I think efficiency is more of the blade choice than the actual razor. One of my Super Speeds is dedicated for Voskhod use only and is my go to for cleaning up that neck/jawline area when other blades fail.

The Parker Semi Slant is one of my best-looking. The Gillette 109 Black Beauty is hands down the sexiest. It also performs flawlessly with the largest selection of blades.
:shaving:

Right now I would say
1) Wolfman WR2 1.25 DC & Rocnel LE 2019 Elite A
2) Karve G plate SB & E plate OC Brass or SS
3) CG Gen2 L3 SB SS
4) Raw Shaving RS-10
5) Tradere Gen1 OC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right now it's a toss up between the GC .84 and the Lupo.

Special mention is the RR Wunderbar which is probably my most efficient, however it's not the smoothest. They bite if you're on auto-pilot. At least in my experience.

I need efficiency every shave, but smoothness is less important. For a razor that’s surprisingly smooth, yet efficient, I’d go with these:

1st: Paradigm 17-4
2nd: Rocnel Elite 2019 Aggressive
3rd: Blackland Dart

Others are the Karve brass with an open comb F plate, Game Changer Jaws, Timeless .95 stainless open comb

I actually prefer blade-forward shaves with maximum efficiency. In my den, those are:

1st: Charcoal Goods Level 3 open comb in brass (V1)
2nd: PAA DOC Evolution in stainless
3rd: Blackbird

In the blade-forward, efficient category, I also like the Ikon Shavecraft Tech, ATT H2, R41 2011 and Timeless .78 open comb in bronze.

If you are looking for on the same razor, mine would have to be the Gillette slim adjustable.

However, if I were to pick one for each, smooth would be the rockwell 6s plate 2 and efficient would be either the Razorock Lupo or my newly acquired Gem bullet tip (which is a SE, so I guess it doesn't count in this forum, lol).

My smoothest razor is probably my R89 with a Weber bulldog handle and most efficient is my Muhle R41. I recently purchased a CG SS lvl2 closed comb but I would not consider it yet as I haven't had as nearly many shaves with it as the two above. However, a couple shaves in and it's in the running to replace the R89.

Gillette NEW Short Comb, smooth and efficient and king of my ring

I've owned many of the new $200+ razors and they were great but none were better for me then the NEW sc with a Gillette Platinum or GSB blade. Unrelated but I paid $25 a piece for 3 that look pristine

Do you have pics of the Gillettes?

Smoothest? Tough one, but I think I'd have to give it to my Stahly. Something about the shape of the safety bar and maybe the fact that the safety bar is essentially on a shock absorber. Smooth as silk. Second place, surprisingly, would be the Ming-Shi Futur copy. Again, a very rounded safety bar. There is definitely something to that concept. Another close second (or third) is the iKon Pils copy.

Most efficient? Most of my razors are fairly mild. I guess my most efficient would be my iKon S3S.

Top Bottom