What's new

Your smoothest and most efficient DE razor

Rockwell 6S R3 is my daily driver (I typically need to shave every business day & this is the plate I use)
Rockwell 62 R6 is used when/if I have at least 72 hours of growth

Both plates offer varying degrees of smoothness but of course, R6 is more efficient.
I have found the 6S to be a no-nonsense, quality shaver. I've had it for ~3 months, and just don't feel the need/desire to purchase another razor right now (though if I do, it will be an adjustable like an Ambassador, maybe in the Fall).

Most efficient?
Most definitely my old iKon DLC slant. Once I figured out how to get the blade alignment correct each time, I began to really enjoy this razor.

My original (first run) Wolfman is pretty darn good, but doesn't quite match the slant if I shave every day.

Smoothest: Rockwell 6s #4 Plate w/ Permasharp Blade... Also very efficient.
Most Efficient: Timeless .95 OC, Scalloped Top Cap, Polished. Only tried with Astra SP so far Closest shave I've ever had, but gave some irritation by the next day... I think it would be better w/ the Permasharp.

Ordered Another Timeless w/ .95 SB, and Smooth & Polished Top Cap. Hoping it's the best of both worlds...

Tony

Timeless2.jpg

First choice would be Aristocrat Jr. (made in England) paired with a Feather blade. A very close second, and probably really tied for first place with the Aristocrat Jr. would be my Rocket HD or my Rocket MD with a Feather blade.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I don't find much difference between any of my razors. Some might be more fun than others but even then only in the moment.

Just received a Merkur 37c and used it for the first time and I must, say, it’s was ridiculously smooth. Had to double check that I loaded a blade...lol
I’ve been cartridge shaving for 30 years and just recently started with Safety Razors so my experience is limited to the 37c, a ‘59 Fatboy, Parker Variant, and the Van Der Hagen. Currently using Astra SP blades. Waiting for Feathers to show up from Amazon this week.

Ok... Thanks.

The OC gave me some irritation... So I ordered another Razor w/ .95 Safety Bar, and Smooth Top.

Thanks,

Tony

My smoothest would be a particular 40s style superspeed loaded with a Nacet. It's a transition year to flair tip, '53 or '54.
Most efficient, definitely my Fendrihan mk I on the OC edge. It makes my OLDS and my Fatip seem tame.

Smoothest for me is the Razorock Mamba
Smooth and efficient is a Karve C plate with 3 inch handle followed by Gillette Rocket HD.

My most efficient is PAA Bakelite open comb slant and RR Wunderbar.

It all depends on how long my beard growth is which razor I use paired with the blade that works best and also how close a shave I want.
I don't go for BBS, but usually a SAS or a DFS.

I found the GC .68 paired with Gillette Platinum (blue box) to be one of the smoothest combo and also quite efficient, 2 pass and touch up.

I’m really enjoying this combination and the Super knurl handle was lighter than I expected for the length of a SS handle. It is lighter than the Ikon bamboo handle.

- R41 with wide aluminium handle
- Karve OC E plate with wide aluminium handle

My two daily shavers - both smooth and efficient. No irritation, smooth face.

AJ Alu.jpg

Top Bottom