What's new

Your Regrettable Purchases?

View attachment 1249119
Money pit 1973 Triumph Spitfire, with its Smiths sometimes electronics. Picture isn’t mine, but color is correct. Horn button wouldn’t work, so I wired in a doorbell button. Gas gauge didn’t work, so I used a flashlight to check the level. Back wheels bloomed outward like bad shaving brush. Sold it for a soul-less 1976 Toyota Corolla.

Miss that Spitfire.
And I wish I still had my 78 Mustard Yellow Toyota Corolla manual shift. $3995 tax, tag and title in the day which included factory air.

When I first decided to DE shave, I bought a Viking Revolution kit with a razor, bowl, puck, brush, pre-shave oil, and post shave balm. I wish I would have done more research and bought things separately. I would have saved a large bit of cash and had a much better start in my DE journey. Oh well, you live and you learn.

M

mtcn77

All razors or specific razors ?

They are generally well regarded by members here.
Merkur 37C and Yaqi Slant. I can still hear the plucking sound in the back of my mind. I generally enjoy their shaves. I still haven't tried Merkur 37C since then because I'm away from home. It shaved even faster than Yaqi, however there was no telling when it would start attacking. I got ingrown beard at the chin corner, I blame myself for it, but the issue still stands, I never got a close shave out of it.
I might have skipped in preparation, or shaven too frequently then, but when I switched to the mildest razor I could find - Shark - my issues were literally gone.

Eben Stone

Staff member
Just curious, can you elaborate?

I ask because I bought one after buying an open comb plate for my Game Changer and found that just I didn't use the NEW very much. But I thought the NEW shaved quite nicely.

I bought the New LC right after buying an R41. The R41 quickly became my favorite razor (at the time) and I only shaved with the New LC a few times before putting it away. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it didn't seem to deliver.

I bought the New LC right after buying an R41. The R41 quickly became my favorite razor (at the time) and I only shaved with the New LC a few times before putting it away. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it didn't seem to deliver.

On the bright side, you found a razor that you really like. Sometimes you need to buy a few things that you like less to understand what you like more.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I "double dog dare you" to try the NEW Long Comb again! Why? It's my favorite, easiest razor ever.

Top Bottom