What's new

Your rarest razor

My rarest is now this Raw Shaving RS-10. Only 100 made, as I understand it. A brilliant shine and a brilliant shave.View attachment 1115292View attachment 1115293
I guess the latest Paradigm Diamondback is also going to be 100 only.
proxy.php

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

Resurrected this old thread because winter time is a great time for looking at rare razors - so keep‘em comin’, please!

I have a few very rare razor models, each counted today in less than 5 specimens (at least judging from online postings in various shaving sites). But this Rotbart has to be the rarest, no other specimens have ever been spotted and noone has seen it before. I got it for tuppence not even knowing it was a Rotbart.

I call it the “Pineapple” :001_wub:

ECF67DDC-513E-4DA2-A948-819EF3798DA9.jpeg
BFD1632A-5306-4D51-A13E-B76E1F5492DA.jpeg
9110FD37-2B04-42C5-99BE-C25E135431AB.jpeg

Resurrected this old thread because winter time is a great time for looking at rare razors - so keep‘em comin’, please!

I have a few very rare razor models, each counted today in less than 5 specimens (at least judging from online postings in various shaving sites). But this Rotbart has to be the rarest, no other specimens have ever been spotted and noone has seen it before. I got it for tuppence not even knowing it was a Rotbart.

I call it the “Pineapple” :001_wub:

View attachment 1226190View attachment 1226191View attachment 1226192
That's a beauty for sure! I love most things art deco and the handle knurling fits the bill!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
This is a Star Bar #4 1919-21MFG (Kampfe brothers, Brooklyn NY, first safety razor MFG in USA) near the end of the lather catcher era, One of my favorite razors to use and a joy to go back to the days when life was simpler possibly for some. I receive a real decent close shave with this razor with no irritation or weepers most of the times I have used it. You do not see many of these razors at all on-line.
Star Catcher 1919 no4 model (2).jpg
Star lather catcher Model #4 MFG 1920 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Wow! that Rotbart is something else!!

I have a two English Aristocrats .. 2nd 3rd editions ... still waiting to pick up a 1st edition OC at the right price. Recently got a 1921 New Improved (which I think is prob the best looking razor ,, after that Rotbart).
But as far as I have read .. my rarest razor would be my blue tip rocket .. which happens to be one of my least interesting used ones too; in fact its never been used by myself!

Great thread - and some great razors.

I have what I believe to be a gold plated 2nd Gen British aristocrat though nearly all the gold has gone.
Never seen another one.

Aftet that it's probably my chromium big boy that's my rarest I think.

Wow, please post pics of your 2nd gen goldie Aristocrat!! Then it was probably yours I saw a a while back - because I never saw another one!! That is a rarity for sure :drool:

Top Bottom