What's new

Your rarest razor

R

romsitsa

B2 Aristocrat, needs some tweaking, but the theory worked.

EC099524-8465-49B8-9009-955E3DCD979D.jpeg7030E01D-07E9-4C95-9BA0-6D4C829A2AC9.jpeg

I don't know if you would call this rare, but it is uncommon. I picked up this Kenyon Single Edge Safety Razor in an antique store a few years back. The Safety Razor Compendium Book doesn't provide a date. Manufactured by the Kenyon Stearns Organization Inc., New York. It is not as pretty as some of the ones I am seeing on this thread...but still, a nice addition to the collection. :pipe:
Kenyon 1.jpg

Kenyon 2.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know if you would call this rare, but it is uncommon. I picked up this Kenyon Single Edge Safety Razor in an antique store a few years back. The Safety Razor Compendium Book doesn't provide a date. Manufactured by the Kenyon Stearns Organization Inc., New York.
View attachment 1262661
View attachment 1262662
Thanks for sharing the photo. Neat, Art Deco style design. A lucky find. The thrift/antique shops around me in Maryland never have any razors.

Thanks for sharing the photo. Neat, Art Deco style design. A lucky find. The thrift/antique shops around me in Maryland never have any razors.
You are not alone. Pre pandemic I was noticing a trend in antique stores. It was getting harder and harder to come across razors in the wild. I find the best approach is to befriend antique store dealers and get them searching on their travels. If they know they have a loyal buyer then it is more of an incentive for them to look. I have managed to pick up a few really nice razors this way.

I don't know if you would call this rare, but it is uncommon. I picked up this Kenyon Single Edge Safety Razor in an antique store a few years back. The Safety Razor Compendium Book doesn't provide a date. Manufactured by the Kenyon Stearns Organization Inc., New York. It is not as pretty as some of the ones I am seeing on this thread...but still, a nice addition to the collection. :pipe:
View attachment 1262661
View attachment 1262662
What kind of blade does it use? Ad is from 1913.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
proxy.php

How do you fit the blade? 🤔

Have you shaved with it?
View attachment 1262661
View attachment 1262662

My 2nd,3rd and 4th gen British Aristocrats are not super common, but I woudn't call them rare at all. Most of my razors are as common as beach sand :D.

Might you post a pic of the blade for the record? Smaller than an injector blade is pretty small.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
I see in the vintage ad for the Kenyon it says it takes Silvar Blades. I checked my Collectors Guide for razor blades and the Silvar is listed. It just says Silvar blades for Kenyon Razors. No picture, no other information. Now that would be a rare find!

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
No idea as to its value, but this is certainly the rarest razor I own. It is a Consul, a USSR clone of the Gillette Slim. They're fairly common-- what makes this rare is the package it came in- it was part of the swag given out to international big shots by the Moscow 1980 Olympic Committee. These were the games that Jimmy Carter boycotted because the Russians were fighting in Afghanistan. And here we are 40 years later, and well, never mind...

Anyway, I've never seen another. I've had it for many years, but I have never used it.

cccp consul.jpg
cccp consul1.jpg
CCCP Consul2.jpg
CCCP Consul3.jpg

Last edited:

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
No idea as to its value, but this is certainly the rarest razor I own. It is a Consul, a USSR clone of the Gillette Slim. They're fairly common-- what makes this rare is the package it came in- it was part of the swag given out to international big shots by the Moscow 1980 Olympic Committee. These were the games that Jimmy Carter boycotted because the Russians were fighting in Afghanistan. And here we are 40 years later, and well, never mind...

Anyway, I've never seen another. I've had it for many years, but I have never used it.

View attachment 1263022View attachment 1263023View attachment 1263025View attachment 1263026

Very cool, thanks for sharing the pics!

Top Bottom