What's new

Your rarest razor

Wow, please post pics of your 2nd gen goldie Aristocrat!! Then it was probably yours I saw a a while back - because I never saw another one!! That is a rarity for sure :drool:

Legion

Staff member
IMG_1069.jpg

Not super, crazy rare, but uncommon, and the only example I've seen with the packaging.

Mine isn't that old, but it's still pretty rare.

Wolfman wr1. I managed to get on his list way back. I love the razor and it won't leave my possession. I shave with it just about every day. Great razor.

InNae

This one here:

proxy.php

Why ??? It's just a common Slim Adjustable........because it belonged to my Dad.......irreplaceable !!!! :001_smile
OK, that puts me in the game. Otherwise, I was just oggling. Mine would be a '67 Super Speed because it was my dad's and was the first razor I shaved with. I have a picture of my son "shaving" with it when he was 3-years old. That razor put a slice in my neck in high school because I was nervous shaving before a date with a senior.

I have an old Wade and Butcher open comb DE. It uses proprietary blades, and it's a Gillette Old Type knockoff. I haven't found too much information online about it (but haven't checked in quite a while). I'm guessing it's from the 1920s?

It works with an Old Type top cap (3 piece old type, that is) so it can use regular DE blades.

I guess my rarest razor in my DE collection is this one
Lix razor from England.

It is an interesting razor. It weighs over 100g, which is not common in vintage razors, and its head is uniquely designed as you can see from the pics below.

View attachment 1114657View attachment 1114658View attachment 1114656
That thing looks suspiciously like the Joseph Potter "Velvet" razor. Remarkable. I wonder if it is an homage or whether the company was sold, or what?

It will move the comb forward and back like on a pal adjustable injector. I think it offers some early adjustment but also accounts for the blade being honed down and losing dimension.

Thanks. Wedge blade safety razors are a favorite of mine. Thanks for the patent drawings also. Love seeing those.

Keeping this awesome thread rolling: An item I posted 4 years ago. A Gillette Executive Fatboy pre-production sample (prototype?), no logo or patent markings, just a tiny number etched into the base. A date? If so would have been February 28, 1958 the first year of production. Gillette wouldn't tell me anything relating to production methods or testing protocols. It is an exact match to production models so it must be a final revision.
100_6919.JPG
100_6922.JPG

Also featured on this page with pics next to the 3rd quarter 1958 D3 production model. Gillette Executive Adjustable (Gold Fatboy)

Last edited:
Top Bottom