What's new

Your rarest razor

Probably my Personna adjustable, I have never used it.
proxy.php

I think I would enjoy a nice Ever Ready Uk Streamiline in it's place :)

My Gillette Old type. No serial number, so I believe it's from 1903 or possibly early '04. Shaves great and stays in my regular rotation.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
I'd love to think this is my rarest but I have the feeling that the ones with the sans crown case might be pretty common...
proxy.php

So maybe my serial #'d Criterion? With a Federal case and no blade bank <sigh>
proxy.php

Legion

Staff member
Probably my Personna adjustable, I have never used it.
proxy.php

I think I would enjoy a nice Ever Ready Uk Streamiline in it's place :)

I have the same one. You should use it! It is probably the best shaving adjustable I have tried.

proxy.php

my Burham's,

Attachments

• $DSCN0928.jpg
    $DSCN0928.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 318
  • $DSCN0927.jpg
    $DSCN0927.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 323
  • $DSCN0926.jpg
    $DSCN0926.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 326
  • $DSCN0933.jpg
    $DSCN0933.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 323
  • $DSCN0932.jpg
    $DSCN0932.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 328
Here are the rarest ones that I have. I found all of these over the last year at flea markets, antique shops, and junk stores and I picked them all up for a little more than $50 total.

$20160802_163518.jpg

$20160802_163838.jpg

$20160802_165210.jpg

This razor's not rare but I doubt there are many NOS sets like this one out there.

$20160802_163940.jpg

I've owned and sold a Darwin Popular DE, which was Darwin's equivalent of the Eclipse Red Ring, as well as a Wilkinson Sword Edge Adjustable which was a prototype never released for sale which preceded the Wilkinson Sticky - both of those were extremely rare and sold accordingly (!)

My current rarest DE is the Wardonia Single Ring - another prototype never released for general sale.
It takes standard DE blades and Nigel Sharpe who is surely the world's premier Wardonia expert (wardoniarazors.com) can only find eight of these in existence: one here with me in Devon, one with a collector in Italy and Nigel has the other six which he acquired at a Wardonia stock auction,but four of those were never assembled.
I guess that qualifies this razor as rare [emoji3]
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

My rarest razor would be the original Rockwell 6s v1. Very few of us received the v1 before they stopped shipment, grinded away, shipped out v1.5. I think there are only about a hundred in existence. Not yet desirable or collectable, but if Rockwell continues to put out impressive razors and build up a following it could be worth a bit to a collector down the road.
That seems about as likely as the Cubs winning the World Series.

Top Bottom