Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Lamb

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Art is Alaskan King Crab

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Kroger was out of pre-cut steaks, then I found this. Merry Christmas to me.

AAAD0ED3-F244-48F9-BB60-725C0B97396C.jpeg

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I can ask for extra spice at my local chinese and they'll add it. Maybe they'll do the same for you.

Years ago I was having dinner with my parents at a small Mum-&-Pop Chinese eatery. We ordered a few dishes, including a few "Szechwan" dishes. Our waitress asked my Dad (who always like spicy Oriental dishes) how spicy he wanted it, and he expressed his desire for "very spicy". This being a small place, we overheard her telling the chef of our order. And then the issue of how spicy to make the spicy dishes ...

"As hot you got!"

And we got it "hot" indeed. That phrase entered our family lore.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Years ago I was having dinner with my parents at a small Mum-&-Pop Chinese eatery. We ordered a few dishes, including a few "Szechwan" dishes. Our waitress asked my Dad (who always like spicy Oriental dishes) how spicy he wanted it, and he expressed his desire for "very spicy". This being a small place, we overheard her telling the chef of our order. And then the issue of how spicy to make the spicy dishes ...

"As hot you got!"

And we got it "hot" indeed. That phrase entered our family lore.
I bet he wasnt prepared for that. I've had some insanely hot chinese where they give you these little skinny red peppers in it. Man, are they hot!!!! I will never ask for it "As hot you got", trust me!!!!🤣
Great memory, Doc.

Our local Fry's store had a sale on choice ribs. It was less than $6 a pound in contrast to the prime that was over $18 a pound. Last year I spent a fortune on prime and this year opted for the choice. It was just as good. The only problem we had was that we had only one rib as a leftover.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I bet he wasnt prepared for that. I've had some insanely hot chinese where they give you these little skinny red peppers in it. Man, are they hot!!!! I will never ask for it "As hot you got", trust me!!!!🤣
Great memory, Doc.

Well, he was ... impressed by the spice. I suspect if he had ordered there again (I moved out of town shortly thereafter) he would have dialed it back a notch or two.

Top Bottom