Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Chinese take-out

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Lamb

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Art is Alaskan King Crab

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
My family's traditional Christmas dinner is duck. Usually paired with orange sauce, wild rice, roasted vegetables, fresh bread, and of course some good wine.

I voted turkey but we don't usually have it - the last few years we have been away over Christmas, last year for instance in Hong Kong and had fried rice and a beer at Stanley Harbour(!)

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Prime Rib was always Christmas at my grandmothers, & I continue to honor that, save the odd year when Chateaubriand pops into my head

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
My mother always made her famous lasagna for Christmas dinner. I'd pay $1000 for one more serving.

I was thaaaat close to adding lasagna to the list. My mum makes a mean dish, too.

We've done goose about a dozen times over the past 20 years. There's a lot of good eating plus rendered goose fat is amazing.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I'd love a goose, but it ain't gonna happen with my extended family. I'd also go for a big ol' chuck roast or something like that. As much as I enjoy a good rib roast, I'd rather something a bit leaner, as everything else is so rich.

I do a grilled pork tenderloin that's marinated for a couple days in olive oil, pepper, rosemary, and garlic. Folks swear by that marinade, which is about the only reason I do it and don't care to lie about it (plus, it isn't much trouble to do). The real secret is throwing a bunch of rosemary on the coals and smoking the tenderloins for a few minutes. We have a large rosemary plant, so that's a cheap luxury to do.

We also have a ham, deviled eggs, boiled shrimp, your typical Southern relish tray, green bean casserole, fruit compote, lovely rolls, and some other stuff that doesn't come to mind at the moment.

It is nice to see Lasagne posted for Christmas dinner. Lasagne, salad, garlic bread, wine, chocolate cake (the more layers the better), heavy whipping cream, coffee and Kahlua with the desert.

It is nice to see Lasagne posted for Christmas dinner. Lasagne, salad, garlic bread, wine, chocolate cake (the more layers the better), heavy whipping cream, coffee and Kahlua with the desert.
Try an oatmeal stout or a smooth porter with that combination.

That is tonight's dinner along with ice cream for the pie. Also a little Beaujolais. Plus mashed potatoes, Brussel sprouts, and miniature white onions.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My mother always made her famous lasagna for Christmas dinner. I'd pay $1000 for one more serving.
I feel that about my aunt Katie’s lasagna. She was Italian American, and she poured a lot of work and love into her lasagna. May she RIP.

Top Bottom