What's new

Your other ADs

Come now, you know you have them, so start talking. What are your other (as in non-shave related) ADs?

I really have two. One is tea, although I do end up drinking most of what I buy, not just collecting it. The other is fabric. I have some fabric that I bought that I wasn't quite sure at the time what I was going to do with it.

(Mr. Crafty, if you see this, all that fabric piled up in that basket now has a plan. All of it.)

For right now this is it. I suppose I upgrade the computer every year or so. My girlfriend has the fabric thing though. She always has 8 or 10 or 33 projects going at any given time.

Creative minds need room to expand. :biggrin1:

An expanding mind is axactly the symptom she is trying to avoid. She is in grad school working on her PHD in Clinical Neuro Psychology. To say the least she keeps up with an intimidating work load. The crafting is something she does to unwind.

I've picked up quite a bit of audio gear over the years - it makes the shaving ADs look like nothing when you compare prices. I've knocked it off mostly, but still have a good dozen projects I need to finish building.

There's also a fountain pen collection and a few woodworking tools, too.

Stealth recording gear- I go to a lotta concerts.
Computer upgrades- a bit of a computer geek.
Clothes- overcompensating for being a computer geek.

I'm a sucker for old Elgin pocket watches.

In a semi-related story, back when we were in college, Mr. Crafty purchased an old Elgin pocket watch. I think it was one of those things he always wanted. It arrived, had a slight crack, and had a bit of problem keeping proper time. Fast forward a couple of years. We are out of college and doing well. He located a repair shop who was willing to take a look (much harder than it sounds). A few weeks later, he got it back from the shop who had made it so it stopped working entirely.

TAD - TeaAD
TAD - TobaccoAD (pipe)
CAD - CigarAD
PAD - PipeAD

Plus all the new shaving AD's I've acquired thanks to you guys...:laugh:

I've currently got PAD and TAD (pipes and tobacco)....but I'm still saving as I've not had a cigarette in a couple of weeks! :thumbup:

TAD - TeaAD
TAD - TobaccoAD (pipe)
CAD - CigarAD
PAD - PipeAD

Plus all the new shaving AD's I've acquired thanks to you guys...:laugh:

I've currently got PAD and TAD (pipes and tobacco)....but I'm still saving as I've not had a cigarette in a couple of weeks! :thumbup:

Oh, yeah. You guys would get along with Mr. Crafty just fine. Perhaps you'd like to give him some pipe and tobacco storage ideas that, oh, I don't know, get them out of my kitchen cabinets.

Oh, yeah. You guys would get along with Mr. Crafty just fine. Perhaps you'd like to give him some pipe and tobacco storage ideas that, oh, I don't know, get them out of my kitchen cabinets.

Mrs Pumpkin likes my pipes (and tobacco) so she suggested the bookcase in the spare room for my pipe rack. I'm currently keeping my tobacco in a large, deep cigar box in a drawer in the unit we have in the living room (had to move some of her dolls house stuff first :lol:) although that might need to change if I get much more :001_smile

Vintage guitars basses and amps, autographs, Hard Rock Cafe pins, Mark Stewart pipes, I'm trying not to but I'm getting into Zippos bigtime.

I have a terrible addiction to customized M1911 Pistols, Automatic watches, and I am proud to say that I have collected over 30 pair of "unique" flip-flops.

-Matt

I do not have a large collection of anything, but I guess it is still mild AD. I have a small collection of:

multi tools
swiss army knives
flashlights
cigars

Top Bottom