What's new

Your Oral Care Products?

I didn't see a place for this thread, so I figured here would be the closest place.
Toothbrush, toothpaste, mouth wash, floss, mints, etc.
What's your favorite?

And yes, I said "oral" so we can get that joke out of the way.

Toothbrush: plain Oral B with soft tips. I keep two in rotation, as I allow my toothbrushes to dry out completely before re-use (like a shaving brush).
Toothpaste: I rotate. Normally Colgate + Whitening or some similar product.
Floss: Those plastic flossing sticks (pickers?) that you can get for a buck for 60 of them.
Mouthwash: Oral B for dry mouth.
I carry a small baggie of Altoids with me for a quick mint. Peppermint, not Cinnamon.

There's a small oral care kit that also includes a dental repair kit, tongue cleaner, and all of that un-fun stuff.

A plastic shoebox holds overflow / spares.

Oral-B electric toothbrush, the cheapest model is just as good as the most expensive. Your toothbrush does not need Bluetooth connectivity. I have not had any new cavities since 1999, but I have had to have some old fillings replaced.

I detested flossing for years, I hate sticking my fingers in my mouth, constantly got harangued by my dental hygienist for not doing a good job. I tried those silly little disposable pics, they were inconvenient to use, handle too short, angle all wrong. I used a waterpik for a while, but I decided it is messy, unsanitary, and ineffective. Then I found the Listerine Ultraclean floss handle, it's dirt cheap and for me it's a complete gamechanger for flossing. ULTRACLEAN® ACCESS® Flosser with Ergonomic Handle | LISTERINE® - https://www.listerine.com/floss/listerine-ultraclean-access-floss

But what toothpaste do you use? In 50 years, my dentist has NEVER asked me what I use or recommended anything in particular. So I googled it. There are 3 kinds of fluoride that are commonly available... sodium monofluorophosphate, sodium fluoride, and stannous fluoride. Stannous fluoride has significant extra benefits because it is an antibacterial agent that is effective against the little bacterial wrigglers that cause both gum disease and bad breath. I've noticed a definite improvement in my gum condition since switching to it a few years ago, Crest Pro-Health is my brand.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Oral-B electric toothbrush, the cheapest model is just as good as the most expensive. Your toothbrush does not need Bluetooth connectivity. I have not had any new cavities since 1999, but I have had to have some old fillings replaced.

I detested flossing for years, I hate sticking my fingers in my mouth, constantly got harangued by my dental hygienist for not doing a good job. I tried those silly little disposable pics, they were inconvenient to use, handle too short, angle all wrong. I used a waterpik for a while, but I decided it is messy, unsanitary, and ineffective. Then I found the Listerine Ultraclean floss handle, it's dirt cheap and for me it's a complete gamechanger for flossing. ULTRACLEAN® ACCESS® Flosser with Ergonomic Handle | LISTERINE® - https://www.listerine.com/floss/listerine-ultraclean-access-floss

But what toothpaste do you use? In 50 years, my dentist has NEVER asked me what I use or recommended anything in particular. So I googled it. There are 3 kinds of fluoride that are commonly available... sodium monofluorophosphate, sodium fluoride, and stannous fluoride. Stannous fluoride has significant extra benefits because it is an antibacterial agent that is effective against the little bacterial wrigglers that cause both gum disease and bad breath. I've noticed a definite improvement in my gum condition since switching to it a few years ago, Crest Pro-Health is my brand.
I’ve been using Colgate but I just ordered this crest you recommended

I use a sonic care toothbrush

I use Biotene toothpaste and mouthwash, which is a European brand. It has a special calcium compound rather than flouride. It works great.

I have tried electric toothbrushes but mostly I find them bulky and annoying so I just use an old fashioned POH brand with extra soft bristles most of the time.

There are some tongue brushes and tongue gels out there that use zinc and are quite good at killing bad breath.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
One of those Phillips Sonicare fancy toothbrushes. Tom’s of Main toothpaste. IDK what kind of floss it is.
Fat good it does to use the best stuff though. My teeth still go to crap!

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Oral B electric, Oral B regular toothbrush with soft bristles, Colgate toothpaste, Water Pik, dental tape

Dentists usually recommend brushing with a soft toothbrush and toothpaste twice per day. I usually brush 5-6 times per day.

Dentists usually recommend a professional cleaning every 6 months. As I got older, I started having gum issues, so I schedule cleanings every 4 months.

Even with frequent brushing, food can get left between teeth. I use a water pick twice a day to remove leftover debris between teeth.

I'm a Sonicare freak. I've always enjoyed that super-clean feeling that I could never quite get with a conventional brush.

I was using MOON toothpaste until recently when I ordered some MARVIS toothpaste from a shaving shop. It's kind of amazing. I started with the Ginger-Mint, but now also have the Royal, Rambas and Karakum flavors. This stuff in unlike any toothpaste I've ever used.

Toothbrush-anything. Regular brush, not a power brush.

Toothpaste-anything, but prefer Aquafresh and Pepsodent. Sometimes Marvis if I want to treat myself.

I've been using a Quip toothbrush for the last few years. Along with their toothpaste and just started using their mouthwash. For floss, I use Glide, regular during the week, and threader floss for under the bridges on the weekends.

Philips ultrasonic
Parodontax classic
Mouthwash varies

I have a slightly alkaline mouth klimate which prevents caries but otoh you get build up of tartar
Which makes my dentist take out the Hilti hammer from time to time.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Gleam battery powered toothbrush
First use. Not bad. Cute. Slim body. Travel case. Very soft brush. Pleasant to use. 30 second timer hard to distinguish. I wish it had a separate cover for the brush part when not using the travel case. But for the cost I give it high marks.

Toothbrush: Curaprox 5460. Noticeable difference, I recommend any manual toothbrush users give it a go. See company website.
View attachment 1311947

Vademecum

White & Bright toothpaste:
View attachment 1311951
I'm a fan of Vademecum toothpastes, great taste (ie not generic overly strong mint flavour), low foaming. Been around since the 1890's, and remains the purveyor to the King of Sweden.

Vademecum Mouthwash Concentrate:
View attachment 1311954

Love this stuff, leaves your mouth feeling superbly fresh and clean. Just a few drops in a bit of water will do.

"You're Royal Mouthwash"
View attachment 1311959

Odol mouthwash concentrate:
View attachment 1311955
Another great mouthwash concentrate. German brand with a long history dating back to the 1800's. Classic milk-glass bottle. Some reviews complain about them moving to an alcohol-free formula a few years ago, I still find that it works great. I prefer the version with Sage.
View attachment 1311957

And some other toothpastes I enjoy:

Natural Fresh Herb by LG. Bamboo salt toothpastes are very popular in Korea. A super fresh blast of pine flavour.
View attachment 1311960

Neem Active from Henkel India. Leaves the mouth feeling very clean.
View attachment 1311962

Himalaya Clove toothpaste from India. Intense clove flavour, might be unpleasant for some though.
View attachment 1311964

I use Marvis brush and Marvis Amarelli Licorice.

The products suits me well and they have a lot of interesting tastes, but the licorice is the one I've stuck to.

Top Bottom