What's new

Your opinion of this Omega Boar Brush?

I don't own one but it appears to be slightly smaller (4.17" vs 4.45") and is under the First Price Brushes which are very good but won't be the same as the 31064. It's an Omega though so I'm sure it's great. If you order it use TWITTER for the coupon code.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I don't own one myself but I heard those are great.

I don't own one but it appears to be slightly smaller (4.17" vs 4.45") and is under the First Price Brushes which are very good but won't be the same as the 31064. It's an Omega though so I'm sure it's great. If you order it use TWITTER for the coupon code.

Thanks for the replies guys. So the Omega quality scale would be something like the following:

Bristle Shaving --> First Price --> Professional. Professional being the high end line correct?

If that is the case. I saw that West Coast Shaving has an Omega Professional brush for 9 dollars. The handles aren't fancy though :(

Damn this world! Why cant quality and beauty always go hand in hand? I'm a quality over looks type of person so I'll order the brush from West Coast Shaving (Omega Professional).

Thanks again for the input.

Thanks for the replies guys. So the Omega quality scale would be something like the following:

Bristle Shaving --> First Price --> Professional. Professional being the high end line correct?

If that is the case. I saw that West Coast Shaving has an Omega Professional brush for 9 dollars. The handles aren't fancy though :(

Yeah, the Omega lineup is pretty confusing. I can't figure it out.

The Pro models are not their most expensive and have molded ABS plastic handles instead of acrylic handles. ABS is not quite as fancy, but it is very tough, maybe more so than acrylic. Could be the Pros are meant to stand up to commercial use where they might get lots more use and get banged around a bit.

I don't know that the professional is high end. The knots are bigger (27-28mm) and, at least for the 10098 and 10048, the bristles much longer (65mm). The 31xxx series have nicer acrylic handles, and while the knots are smaller (24-26mm) and the shorter (55mm), the bristles are softer and break in easier. Hope that helps.

I don't know that the professional is high end. The knots are bigger (27-28mm) and, at least for the 10098 and 10048, the bristles much longer (65mm). The 31xxx series have nicer acrylic handles, and while the knots are smaller (24-26mm) and the shorter (55mm), the bristles are softer and break in easier. Hope that helps.

My goal is to have a spare brush that will be used as a travel brush and it should perform very well on soaps. I'm all for the smaller loft size since it is better on soaps. Are you saying that all three lines of Omega brushes have the same "quality", but each line suits a different shaving "purpose"? If that is the case, I'll get that ruby red brush.

My goal is to have a spare brush that will be used as a travel brush and it should perform very well on soaps. I'm all for the smaller loft size since it is better on soaps. Are you saying that all three lines of Omega brushes have the same "quality", but each line suits a different shaving "purpose"? If that is the case, I'll get that ruby red brush.

Haven't tried the ruby you linked, but the 31064 is excellent, as is the 10098 that I have. Main difference for me is that the professional is much larger and thicker, and whips up loads of lather in no time. And I mean lots of lather. If you follow Zach's tutorial video (somewhere on SMF), it will make enough for at least 8 passes! Maybe that is why the Italian barbers like them?

Its official. I went ahead and bought the Omega 31064 (black and clear handle). I bought it from myperfectbeauty and I also picked up some Col. Conks Lime soap for traveling. Thank you Leche for the coupon code and thanks to everyone for pointing me in the right direction!

A grand total of 33.93 (shipping included) :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom