What's new

Your Opinion - Best dressed man of all time

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I'll toss Gary Cooper into the mix ... he was "Cary Grant" before Mr. Leach came along and did it better.

And let's not forget Beau Brummel, perhaps the most influential 'best dresser' of all time.

I'd go with Sinatra or Grant old time.

When I think about it, these days Clooney is one of the few guys who always seems pretty well put together. Never see him looking crummy. Maybe not always that formal, but never slobbish.

Adolphe Menjou is on any list.

His autobiography was titled: It Took Nine Tailors.

Last edited:
For dress or casual..... Tony Randal of TV and Movies.(The Odd Couple) Hard to beat... Johnny Carson comes to mind.

Lee Liberace. For the light set.

For today, Giambi of the Yankees is natty. Is he still there?

Astaire and Grant were in a class of their own. I love to watch the styles of the TCM Movies of the 30's, 40's, 50's.

I still remember Dad and Mom putting on suits, hats, spats, gloves,etc when dressing up for a Saturday night dance. Seems so long ago and far away...8>{

A persons swagger is better than just the clothes they wear to me. I have never seen many films, performances, or interviews with people like Frank Sinatra or Cary Grant to know what they were like, but what little bit I know about them they seemed very fashionable. I always thought the bass player for the Clash Paul Simonon had tons of swagger. Just the way he carried his self was something i always liked about him

View attachment 107636

Top Bottom